PDA

View Full Version : Hazing / Smokey Effects, Fixed....I Hope!

Beemerboy
07-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I posted some weeks back about a jet black MB that I detailed, and after using paste wax it seemed to get a haze or smokey look on the engine hood only an hour or two after finishing...thinking this was caused my the extreme heat of the motor, color and summer heat...I would do a cold water rinse..This did helped but didn`t completely take it off...seems like it was taking a full day to cure and the hazing to stop.

I work on this guy car once a week it seems...so last week I did a full detail of the out side...starting with clay, SWR, polish, glaze...then decided to go with a sealant and nothing more...I checked the car twice this week and yesterday when I cleaned the car...no hazing.

I find this true with my JB BMW as well...seems that the oils in the paste wax have to harden / cure well...at least I find this on darker colored car and really only in the summer months.

I`ve decided to stick to sealants only on the darker colored cars for now.

Stephan
07-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Especially like you said on darker color cars it has to do with the temperature at which Carnuaba type waxes break down or melt.

Beemerboy
07-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Especially like you said on darker color cars it has to do with the temperature at which Carnuaba type waxes break down or melt.

Thanks its the only thing that I have tried to date that doesn`t show the hazing...

black bart
07-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I stopped using wax on my Black show car because when I drive several miles to a show I have to clean the car and most places their is no shade.
When I apply QD it will smear the wax and just makes a mess the car looked awful.
No such problems with a quality sealant.

CharlesW
07-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I stopped using wax on my Black show car because when I drive several miles to a show I have to clean the car and most places their is no shade.
When I apply QD it will smear the wax and just makes a mess the car looked awful.
No such problems with a quality sealant.A little off-topic, but still close.
Are you still using Aqua Wax for car shows?

Beemerboy
07-24-2008, 10:17 PM
No such problems with a quality sealant.

BB...thanks for that I have seen the same thing on my car and customers.