PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France?

Beemerboy
07-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Anyone watching this amazing race?

I am an avid road bicyclist and have been for many years...The tour although plagued by some drugging, is still a great feat of physical endurance, quite possibly one of the hardest in professional sports.

Away I love the race and the sport!

I hoping to see Cadel Evans win!

Whos watching!!!!

Bunky
07-18-2008, 07:21 AM
I record it everyday to watch while I am on the treadmill. I think it is great to watch how the teams work, etc. I prefer to watch the morning version with the english guys (Sherwin,etc) doing the commentary vs the American yackers (Buttons?) that do the afternoon and evening commentary. I wonder if they both record real time or the American guys do it after the race is over. France is very pretty...

bigron62
07-18-2008, 12:27 PM
dave you know i was a cyclist .the drug problem has always been bad in cycling .steroids/speed ect .. i would rather eat dirt than watch the tour .. either lay off the drug testing and let the guy with the best team doctors win like it was before or shut it down .,its a discrace what the riders have done to the sport ..:whaasup:

Beemerboy
07-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Ron....I understand what you are saying but the doping has to be controlled its more of a disgrace to the sport to have these guys all doped up and preforming well above their natural abilities IMO

I say they adopt a level of tolerance and anyone that test above that is OUT!

Anyway...Cavendish and Evans are the to watch riders this year..some great climbing in the mountains...come on tune in and watch the fun!

dave you know i was a cyclist .the drug problem has always been bad in cycling .steroids/speed ect .. i would rather eat dirt than watch the tour .. either lay off the drug testing and let the guy with the best team doctors win like it was before or shut it down .,its a discrace what the riders have done to the sport ..:whaasup:

JaredPointer
07-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I can`t say that I am much of a fan of any kind of racing, but at least the cyclists make more than left turns. :D

Bunky
07-18-2008, 05:18 PM

I guess you have ruled out liking any serious sport. What about technology changes such as the new speedo suit for swimmers. It is a same that many records are being broken due to a suit rather than person.

As Jared says, wrestling is real....

Beemerboy
07-18-2008, 05:55 PM
I guess you have ruled out liking any serious sport. What about technology changes such as the new speedo suit for swimmers. It is a same that many records are being broken due to a suit rather than person.

As Jared says, wrestling is real....

There are roids in wrestling as well...its not always a level playing field

Bunky
07-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Wrestling is a show not a sport. I just like Jared`s comment. I watched wrestling (went to one live event) and it is just as it was 30 years ago.

Scott P
07-18-2008, 06:21 PM
It`s just not interesting enough for me. I admire their abilities, but I just don`t see a reason to watch.

Beemerboy
07-18-2008, 06:26 PM
It`s just not interesting enough for me. I admire their abilities, but I just don`t see a reason to watch.

Scott

A lot pf people feel that way, its a European sport really...I was a Category 3 road rider in my 30`s and raced for a local bicycle shop / team...that`s why I still love the sport...if you want to see the whole race or just one stage....watch the last 5 miles of it...that`s where it all comes together

bigron62
07-18-2008, 06:41 PM
i think steroids give you a little more bang for the buck than a swimsuit:lmfao..im not against steroids ..athletes do amazing things when they use them correctly .. im getting tired of our sporting events being turned into witch hunts with police and goverment involved .there is so much money at stake that people will take the risk to get the fame and money .. there is new stuff out that will not be detected for a long time .. cyclist have been doing all kinds of crazy stuff for decades .. blood doping , amphetamines,vitamin injections ,ect .I was a competitive cyclist and i have trained with tour riders an cat 1 - 2 riders and have seen what performance enhancing drugs can do for them ....amazing :D

JaredPointer
07-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Wrestling is a show not a sport. I just like Jared`s comment. I watched wrestling (went to one live event) and it is just as it was 30 years ago.

IT"S STILL REAL TO ME DARNIT!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Bunky
07-19-2008, 07:12 AM
IT"S STILL REAL TO ME DARNIT!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

It does not matter. It is just entertainment like the cycling, baseball, football, etc.

JohnHenry
07-25-2008, 04:34 AM
Lemond Zurich rider here... Shimano Ultegra components. Love Colorado`s "Ride the Rockies."

I know some of you guys think it`s about as exciting as watching bass fishing, but I`m addicted to the Tour... Giro d`Italia too. I just wish that, like baseball, these guys would get their collective butts kicked before the sport is ruined forever.

Bunky
07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I think cycling seems a bit more awe inspiring than seeing a bunch of men stand in the an field all day and play catch and whack at balls once and while. It is a different level of energy expended. The guy from South Africa almost went rolling down a mountain...his bike did.