PDA

View Full Version : Well water

Bunky
07-17-2008, 06:49 PM
When we had water restrictions, I either washed with ONR or used well water in a place in the southwestern Virginia near the mountains. The well water tastes great, very clear, and not hard (not as hard as what we have locally).

The problem was that when I washed with a traditional soap the car always seemed to have a dingy sheen like I did not dry it right. I often went back with an instant detailer to snap up the appearance. I am just wondering what is in the water that caused this effect. It does not occur locally. I never ONR`ed using the water (I plan to try that) to see if that helps.

Thoughts -- besides getting the water tested?

Reddwarf
07-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Maybe because it is soft and doesn`t remove all f the soap?

Bunky
07-18-2008, 07:29 AM
I had added a water softener here at my primary house so our water is now soft. I did this since we were having issues inside the house with calcium deposits in everything plus it works better when washing cars too.

They say you can cut back on usage of soap with sof````er but when washing a car you still want the lubricity. I may just use ONR (take water with me if necessary).

I actually like ONR results better (car is really dry, never water spots to deal with, leaves a good shine, can do it in the garage, etc) but I like the soap for fun.

I may try the 1z Perls in Virginia and see how that does.