PDA

View Full Version : Well Here Is The New Edition!!

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
07-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I brought this truck today...I paid one grand for it...the truck for its year is real straight and clean for the most part...the 88K seemed low, but once I saw it, it was obvious it was correct...the motor has had all the water system repaired and value cover gaskets replaced, plus a new battery.

Its going to need a paint job but for now I can work with what its got...inside is straight and not all tore up....all I have to do is detail, detail, detail.

The guy that has it, I do some detail work for...they impound cars and then sell off...this one he wanted to keep for his son, but his son wanted a more cool car....go figure.

87" Ford ranger pick up!! 88k miles" 6 cyl"CHEAP!!!!!! (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/756034711.html)

Ronkh
07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
looks like a good deal

Stephan
07-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Wait so you did buy it?

Didn`t you get my message I left you later, the owner said the odometer has turned 3 times so far so that`s 388K miles.:D

dr_detail
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Congrats!!!

Now all it needs is a water tank, pressure washer, generator, & compressor & you too will be washin` cars in under 5 minutes!!! :D

Beemerboy
07-15-2008, 07:03 PM
looks like a good deal

I think it was....I having been looking for months

Wait so you did buy it?

Didn`t you get my message I left you later, the owner said the odometer has turned 3 times so far so that`s 388K miles.:D

Thanks Stephan:D

Congrats!!!

Now all it needs is a water tank, pressure washer, generator, & compressor & you too will be washin` cars in under 5 minutes!!! :D

I`ll get out in the yard and start practicing...There is about 30 cars on our block....should be able to prefect my skills & timing

Old Pirate
07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Good buy there, missed the one i had back then. Great Little truck to work out of.

Scott P
07-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Did someone say New Edition?

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/s64654.jpg

Old Pirate
07-15-2008, 08:17 PM
:rofl, good one Scott!

JaredPointer
07-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Congrats!!!

Make sure you take photos and make a video. :)

Poorboy
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Congrats :yay I think :hmmm:

your picture link does not work :surrender

Beemerboy
07-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Congrats :yay I think :hmmm:

your picture link does not work :surrender

Steve,

Still worked for me

Here is the truck

Poorboy
07-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Steve,

Still worked for me

Here is the truck

that has the 2.9 in it right? those engines can go 400K without blinking an eye (same engine as the Bronco II)

Beemerboy
07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
that has the 2.9 in it right? those engines can go 400K without blinking an eye (same engine as the Bronco II)

Yes 2.9 FI...auto tranny...really would have preferred the stick but it was so clean it wasn`t worth passing up

Poorboy
07-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Yes 2.9 FI...auto tranny...really would have preferred the stick but it was so clean it wasn`t worth passing up

I`ve had 2 Bronco II with that engine and they were great and had a friend with one that had over 400K when he sold it:eek: and it was still purring like a kitty:D

ps ..that engine is from Germany ..so it fits in with the Beemer :lol:

Beemerboy
07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I`ve had 2 Bronco II with that engine and they were great and had a friend with one that had over 400K when he sold it:eek: and it was still purring like a kitty:D

ps ..that engine is from Germany ..so it fits in with the Beemer :lol:

I didn`t know that interesting where did you learn that at?

Looks to me from looking at the engine that the valve cover gaskets, water pump, belts and such have been replaced recently....the motor area was clean...and hardly a drop of oil present...but not like it was recently cleaned for the sale..I could tell if it had.

The over all condtion of the truck for its year is what sold me...it wasn`t all banged up..meaning major dents....paint was in fair condition...you can see that some where down the road a cheapo paint job would help...inside was still well intact.

I have looked at tons of cars in this 1500 and down area...this was stood out for me was all.