PDA

View Full Version : "Space" leading to break up.

joyriide1113
07-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Girlfriend of 5 years said she wanted "space" about a month ago. Well its been a month and she has made it unofficially clear she does not want to reconcile.

Where the beer?

holland_patrick
07-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Hell your in Miami.. who cares..

get another fish use diffeeent bait though...

Reddwarf
07-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Bummer. I`ve been on both sides of that equation. Not fun, but life goes on. You will be happier in the long run.

dave40co
07-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Sorry to hear that, my wise Grandfather gave me this piece of advise,` Women are like streetcars, one comes along every 15 minutes.` Don`t dwell on it and just keep up the fine detailing work you do. Eat right and continue your workouts. You will be surprised how much better off you will be in the long run! This happened to me 30 years ago or so, met my wife soon afterwards and we have been married 27 years, 2 kids, 1 grandson, life couldn`t be better!

sal329
07-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Man my best times in FL were pent single. If I ever hear the words I need my space I would pack her bags send her out on her way with all the space she needs. It does suck though, especially a long relationship. I would focus more on me, have fun and just wait till you find the right one. Till then :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

jayjacque
07-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Advice from Dr. Jayjacque (Dr. Phil temporarily unavailable):

Something about being in a relationship or marriage, there`s such an emotional connection that it`s gonna hurt no matter what for both parties, including the one wanting out.

They say don`t get someone else on the rebound, but I know from experience it does help the pain go away fast if you do, but it`s risky. So the answer is probably somewhere in between. Don`t jump into anything serious right away, but realize you are available now, and women are looking, so don`t sell yourself short either. Go out and have some fun!

When I went through my first divorce, there was a guy working for me who had been through it and he did stuff to bring me out of my shell like point out pretty girls in a bank or working in a store and say."Why don`t you hit on her? Just go up and introduce yourself." One day we were driving down the street. I was driving and he was in the passenger seat. There was a really heavy girl on the sidewalk (I won`t say fat, cuz that is not socially acceptable LOL). Anyway he rolls down the window and shouts out, "Hey baby you`re looking soooooo good to me!" He then quickly ducks down, so when she looks our way, I`m the only one she sees!

But seriously there are a lot of available, good looking, even some desperate women out there. Miami only has what 5 or 6 million people? So should be a nice pool of availables to draw from.

blk45
07-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear that joy. Hope things get better for you soon.

Stephan
07-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Hell your in Miami.. who cares..

get another fish use diffeeent bait though...

classic:lol2:

YNOT
07-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Keep your chin up. I`m sure you get tired of hearing these same old things, but it`s true...the right one will come along at the right time.

I truly believe that things happen for a reason. If after 5 years it wasn`t working, then it`s better to find out now. Especially before being married and then having to give her `half` of all of your detailing products.:rofl There`s a better one out there, just keep searchin` man!

Hang in there and best of luck to you.

Troy@Protekt
07-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Hang in there JR. We have all been there at some time in our lives. :cheers:

Old Pirate
07-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear this. Now enjoy yourself, you have only one life to live. Look out ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers: