View Full Version : Windex Auto Glass Cleaner Review

RyansAutoDetail
07-12-2008, 06:14 PM
ammonia free
perfect for tint
works awesome
no complaints
A++

I used to work at an auto glass shop and we used an aerosol foaming spray glass cleaner on new replacement windsheilds and it worked fantastic I just dont remember the brand name, but I know theres AC Delco and Kleen Flo that my current employer carries which I might be trying in the near future but i would assume the overspray might be overkill for smaller glass panels opposed to a windsheild un installed from a vehicle where the foam worked well so you could wash the whole window.

hope this helps anyone thinkin of trying this stuff !
comming from a glass cleaning company specializing in this, it has to be good right !

Joe's detailing
08-11-2008, 10:50 PM
IMO it`s not good tried it. 3M works great thats just me ..

Brace1
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
I`ve been happy with Stoner`s IG. It`s very readily available now, even at the wholesale clubs in my town.

Chris@Optimum
08-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Spray Away and IG for me, but I was wondering about the New Windex Auto. Thanks for the review.

RyansAutoDetail
08-13-2008, 01:55 AM
im sure i will try another glass cleaner but i mean come on windex has been in the game for YEARS and for a spray glass cleaner safe for all tints it works well in shaded areas and not in direct heat BTW

jaybs02
08-13-2008, 06:42 AM
I also worked in the AGR business and the 2 popular things were Sprayway and Burco`s Window glo. Since window glo isn`t readily available I have been sticking with the sprayway.

"J"

RyansAutoDetail
08-26-2008, 01:24 AM
im going to be ordering up a can of 3M auto glass cleaner immed after finishing my windex bottle !

cheapshot
06-09-2009, 06:20 AM
I have used tons of different window cleaners without ammonia. they all work pretty well, it`s really in the MF and the job that is being done. I try to stick to IG or 20/20. I guess because I`m use to them.

by the way I realize that I end up in some funky positions when interior window cleaning.