PDA

View Full Version : e55 AMG Mercedes!

Beemerboy
07-07-2008, 04:55 PM
This is a car that I work on almost every week...its a very well maintained car that my customers is selling...Here is the CL post he has up...shows the work that I did and how much he wants for the car...if anyone is interested this is a sweet ride for the money

*~,. 2001 Mercedes E55 AMG BLACK/BLACK *FLAWLESS inside and out*.,~* (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/745032462.html)

Stephan
07-08-2008, 04:26 AM
Looks great...shows you what a 7 year old car can look like when its taken care of.:bigups

9D4E420
07-08-2008, 09:42 AM
It definitely looks flawless except for the streaks on the hood from the Natty`s. LOL That car looks awesome Dave! If I was in the market for one I`d definitely consider it. It doesnt even have any stone chips on the front! Guaranteed it will sell fast.

Beemerboy
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
It definitely looks flawless except for the streaks on the hood from the Natty`s. LOL That car looks awesome Dave! If I was in the market for one I`d definitely consider it. It doesnt even have any stone chips on the front! Guaranteed it will sell fast.

What streak on the hood?:D

The reason why there are no rock chips is he had the front bumper cover repainted about two months ago...it wasn`t that bad but he is anal about the car.

Thanks not a lot of hits so far, its not a great market for big V8 at the moment.

e-klasse
07-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Nice ride Beem! Your buddy definitely took care of it... or more to the point, you did!!! Nice work!!!

Sadly, he`s gonna have to go down in price to get any decent action. Its not so much the economy (although it doesn`t help) but more the fact that naturally aspirated AMG models cannot hold value in the face of their supercharged cousins. I say "sadly" because I live that reality every day... although same model, mine`s a year older then your buddy`s... and its dropping in value as I write this :wall.

Beemerboy
07-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Nice ride Beem! Your buddy definitely took care of it... or more to the point, you did!!! Nice work!!!

Sadly, he`s gonna have to go down in price to get any decent action. Its not so much the economy (although it doesn`t help) but more the fact that naturally aspirated AMG models cannot hold value in the face of their supercharged cousins. I say "sadly" because I live that reality every day... although same model, mine`s a year older then your buddy`s... and its dropping in value as I write this :wall.

Yea I know told him that but I also said to start higher than lower...he`s had two offers at 20K cash..really wants to get a bit more...but 20 may seem like a great deal here soon....he is in no hurry to sell the car...its paid for and he has another car to drive...just wants to get it sold before his Porsche is done

e-klasse
07-08-2008, 04:18 PM
If he`s got the time/ability to wait it out I`d think $22K is possible. Mileage is definitely in his favor. Anywhere between $20-$22K is good... depending on when the Porsche is ready.

Jeezzz... I couldn`t even key that last line correct, let alone say it... wonder what its like to be waiting for Porsche while selling your M-B :D

Beemerboy
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
If he`s got the time/ability to wait it out I`d think $22K is possible. Mileage is definitely in his favor. Anywhere between $20-$22K is good... depending on when the Porsche is ready.

Jeezzz... I couldn`t even key that last line correct, let alone say it... wonder what its like to be waiting for Porsche while selling your M-B :D

I agree...single guy that works for the city here...the Porsche that he is buying is a 97..four wheel drive Carrera...with twin turbos...car is in the shop...it had some body work being done...and then was going to be repainted...only has 30K on the car and was the last year for this car according to him...only a few made it to the US...I`ll get the specs on the car once he gets it...I will be detailing that one as well!

9D4E420
07-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I agree...single guy that works for the city here...the Porsche that he is buying is a 97..four wheel drive Carrera...with twin turbos...car is in the shop...it had some body work being done...and then was going to be repainted...only has 30K on the car and was the last year for this car according to him...only a few made it to the US...I`ll get the specs on the car once he gets it...I will be detailing that one as well!

That really sounds like it will be an interesting car. I hope the paint job turns out good. What color is the car?

I`d already be planning what products to use for the first full detail.:D

Beemerboy
07-08-2008, 05:30 PM
That really sounds like it will be an interesting car. I hope the paint job turns out good. What color is the car?

I`d already be planning what products to use for the first full detail.:D

Its going to be a light silver metallic, black inside...The shop that is painting it is one of the best in the area...the guy that lives on my block is the led painter for them...I`ve seen his work..and its real good...he was talking about wet sanding the base coat and clear...didn`t know they WS clear...but I don`t know much about it

I think on the startup details I will be getting the car back up to speed after spending time in the shop....then once I get the OK in the paint..I will dig in with some WG or something along those lines!

9D4E420
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Its going to be a light silver metallic, black inside...The shop that is painting it is one of the best in the area...the guy that lives on my block is the led painter for them...I`ve seen his work..and its real good...he was talking about wet sanding the base coat and clear...didn`t know they WS clear...but I don`t know much about it

I think on the startup details I will be getting the car back up to speed after spending time in the shop....then once I get the OK in the paint..I will dig in with some WG or something along those lines!

That`s exactly what I was thinking WG would be perfect for the Porsche!:rockon