PDA

View Full Version : I Love This State!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
07-01-2008, 10:40 AM
The state of Calif, passed a law that you can no longer use a cell phone while driving, unless you have a hands free device.

So all of law enforcement is out looking for violators today.

I love this state for lots of reasons, but this is not one of them!:wall

Pockets
07-01-2008, 10:42 AM
yea they did that here to but it doesn`t work. They don`t enforce it at all so don`t worry.

Beemerboy
07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
yea they did that here to but it doesn`t work. They don`t enforce it at all so don`t worry.

It may wear out over time but today...its like they are looking for drug smugglers

JaredPointer
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
I think it`s a pretty good idea. I wish they had something like that around here. People are too distracted using the phone to drive, and it gets pretty irritating.

dave40co
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
I think it`s a pretty good idea. I wish they had something like that around here. People are too distracted using the phone to drive, and it gets pretty irritating.

They should also ban the following while driving, make-up application, eating, laptop use, reading, smacking your kids in the back seat, looking for things on the floor, having sex.......... I could go on because I have seen people do crazy things while behind the wheel. I also think there should be a minimum IQ required to drive.

jlift
07-01-2008, 11:11 AM

It (the new law) will most likely get relegated to "add on" status. If a cop sees you speeding or some other moving violation AND he notices you are talking while holding your cell phone, he will most likely add that on to the moving violation. They also do that for tinted windows. But in my opinion, I really don`t think that they will pull over for a small time $$ fine alone. Any cops here can speak up on this?

Scott P
07-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I am in full favor of laws banning cell phone use while driving.

Beemerboy
07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
I can see the positive side of this, big time...I don`t talk that much while driving...and if I do I have an ear piece..have for years....I saw the benefites in that long ago.

However, I really don`t think that by having a wireless device that allows you to be hands free while driving will correct the problem....Its the conservation that is obstructing the driving abilities...People get into their conversations so much that they loose concentration on what they are doing...hands free is not going to change that IMO

9D4E420
07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
I was almost killed in a car accident by a lady on a cell phone about 10 years ago. In NJ they passed a law last year that if you were pulled over for another violation you could get a ticket for being on your phone. Now it is a law you cannot talk on it at all. Like Pocket`s said the cops don`t do anything about it which really stinks. Now they are talking around here of no hands free also. Being the most densly populated state we really need these laws and have them ENFORCED as well!

Stephan
07-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Thats been a law here for a year or so now and I rarely see it enforced.

GearHead_1
07-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I am in full favor of laws banning cell phone use while driving.Me too! I`m convinced people can`t drive and handle a phone at the same time. Texting is the worst.

TiredNGrouchy
07-02-2008, 01:50 AM
I`m in favor of the new law. They claim it will be heavily enforced. First offense is only a $20 fine though. Yes, there are a lot of other things people shouldn`t do while driving, but driving like an idiot with a phone pressed up against your head is pretty common around here. Can`t tell you how many times a soccer mom has tried to drive right into the side of me while yakking on her phone, oblivious to the fact that she just tried to put her minivan in my lap, or how many times I`ve been behind some obviously lost idiot weaving at 10mph down the street while receiving directions over the phone, oblivious to the ten cars behind him giving him the horn and finger, or just some a**hole driving 10mph below the flow of traffic on the freeway, with a phone pressed up against their head. I`d love for the fine to be $250 for the first offense. If you`re too stupid to figure out how to put a Bluetooth speaker in your car, you`re too stupid to talk on the phone and drive at the same time.

I`ve had a couple different Bluetooth speakers in my car, first a Blueant Supertooth II, and then a Parrot Minikit. Both were ok, but not spectacular. I`ve ordered a Motorola T505, which is supposed to be the best of all the Bluetooth speakers.

Bunky
07-02-2008, 07:03 AM
I think if a few less people die on the road due to cell phone usage, it is a good law.

It should not be used a revenue source. In fact, I think most fines for "victimless" crimes should go to a third party (not counted as revenue) so local officials are not inclined to abuse it as they do with speed traps in places.

holland_patrick
07-02-2008, 09:34 AM

Hey steve do they inforce this?????:inspector:

Beemerboy
07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Again I don`t have any issue with the law itself...but I do think that its not going to save as many lives as they think....The reason is its not about the phone being pressed to ones ear...its about the lack of attention being paid to driving while in conversation...an ear piece or speaker phone only lets you have that same conversation in a different method...it doesn`t address the real problem...the persons attention to driving..that`s my .02