PDA

View Full Version : PB`s Rules

9D4E420
06-27-2008, 09:58 AM
In the last two weeks I had 2 people come into my shop and try to give me a sales pitch and demonstration with their detailing products. Being up to my head in work and needing a breather I took them up on the demos.

The first guy came in with a product called the Baron`s Plastic Polish. It`s a polish that removes scratches and all kinds of defects he said. It just so happened that I was doing a headlight restoration on on a Grand Cherokee. The headlights were being wetsanded when I was interrupted by the guy. He asked what I was using for polish and I had SSR 2.5 and 1 out with an orange pad and a white pad. He looked at the bottles kinda weird and asked how the stuff worked. I said it`s the best IMO. He proceded to use my Hitachi and Buff his side. I used my Dewalt with the PB`s. After we were both done his side was still cloudy and mine was crystal clear. He then packed his stuff up and said you win. He was amazed by the SSR`s and left with his head down.

Yesterday another guy rolled into the shop with a new line of products by a company called Xtreme. I had just got done claying a black Trailblazer and was going to start swirl removal on the hood with SSR 2.5.
He asked what company the polish was from and kinda laughed and smiled. He was very confident asking to buff a fender with his fine cut compound, swirl remover and ivory carnuaba. I taped up the hood and let him do half as I watched. Then I did the other half with SSR2.5, 1 and NR. My side looked awesome and his side well ok. His side just didn`t have the clarity and depth. He still left a brochure and said call if you need anything. You could tell he wasn`t a happy camper.

I hope someone else will stop in again soon. I had alot of fun showing these guys that PB`s products are top notch. Don`t judge a book by it cover. Well I`m done rambling on but thought you guys would get a laugh out of it. Steve thanks for the quality products that just flat out perform! :yourrock:rockon

budman3
06-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Great story, way to show up the salesmen!

9D4E420
06-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks! I just got lucky when I was working on the cars I guess those guys saw the perfect opportunity to sell their superior products.:lol2:

Poorboy
06-27-2008, 10:31 AM
:lol2: but what it also shows, is your ability to detail above and beyond those trying to sell to you :bigups

9D4E420
06-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the pat on the back Steve I appreciate it!

Beemerboy
06-27-2008, 11:15 AM
I applaud you for allowing these guys to demo their lines...I say that only as a fellow sales person...what bothers me in sales more than anything, is the closed minded people...they think what they have can not be improved on...

I`m sure that before you started using Steve`s line, the product that you had was the best to that point, I know it was for me.

Whether these two sales guys product was not as good or better at least he had the chance to do the demo and show, who knows you could have found something equal to better, etc...In my years of selling there has been countless times that I have come up against better products than mine...I just move on and hope that the next person I show..doesn`t have it:D

Oh and I agree..Steve`s stuff is Okay:D:D:D

Reddwarf
06-29-2008, 02:18 PM
That is an awesome story. Love it! PB has fine products to be sure, but I suspect that part of the great results is from your skill. Your skills + PB = superior results!

Bunky
06-29-2008, 02:27 PM
It also takes someone who knows how to use product properly.