PDA

View Full Version : Any Chiropractors Out There?

rayoto
06-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Haven`t posted in a while so I thought I`d share a phone call I recvd last night. He said he has an `07 Silverado he wanted detailed (my full package) and wanted it done this weekend. I asked the ususal Q`s about condition as he seemed to know what he was talking about. The conversation was coming to an end when he threw in...."I want my 27` Boston Whaler "buffed" while your here." Now, I`ve had my share of boats (that would be only 1...thats enough for me), but this guy is high in the ranks of a major corporation and I want to make sure I accomadate him in every way possible for future prospects. I certainly don`t want to appear complaining....I mean, who couldn`t use the work right now?? It looks like its going to be a long weekend. Like I said; any chiropractors out there?? Oh yeah, and because I`ve not posted in a while let me reitterate....:dcrules :rockon :redface: :cheers: :howdy

joyriide1113
06-24-2008, 08:52 AM
This sounds like a job for Meguairs` new Paint Reconditioning Cream.

rayoto
06-24-2008, 09:08 AM
This sounds like a job for Meguairs` new Paint Reconditioning Cream.

This is why I love this place...Theres always another product out there I don`t have yet.. I`ll look into it. Thanks

Beemerboy
06-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome back!

I have a question? did he think that just because you are there doing one car that you had time in the same day to complete the boat?

I say this because that`s a pretty good size boat and depending on the condition and if he wants the inside cleaned as well...that alone can be a whole day.

I have to wonder if he doesn`t really know what those two job will take, or he one of those guys that is demanding of your services with out reasonable consideration of time, then expects to pay less only because you where already there...just my take on how he delivered the "I want the boat buffed out" in the end of the conversation.

As for what product it depends on the condition of the gel coat...I just did one and used a rotary with SSR 2.5 to cut the top oxidation, this one in parts was pretty nasty...again depends on the condition of the gel coat

rayoto
06-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Its gonna have to be a "weekend" job Sat and Sun, despite what he wants from me. I think I `m pretty good at selling the idea and services re: a quality detail vs. a quick get through it in one day type of job which I refuse to do. The last boat I did was a 19` Donzi which took 5 hours just on the inside..., but it was pretty dirty. I used QW and Pro-Polish with a Rotary..It worked very well too. I hadn`t really thought about using the SSRs. It would be helpful if everything was in the condition he is stating.

Beemerboy
06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Its gonna have to be a "weekend" job Sat and Sun, despite what he wants from me. I think I `m pretty good at selling the idea and services re: a quality detail vs. a quick get through it in one day type of job which I refuse to do. The last boat I did was a 19` Donzi which took 5 hours just on the inside..., but it was pretty dirty. I used QW and Pro-Polish with a Rotary..It worked very well too. I hadn`t really thought about using the SSRs. It would be helpful if everything was in the condition he is stating.

The only concern that I had with the SSR is the decals on the side of the boat...I used a polishing pad with the SSR and that seemed to work OK....but you have to watch those decals a lot, the color was lifting on some...PP would been my go to but that doesn`t cut much on the badly oxidized areas...Good luck with all of it and let us know how that turns out

rayoto
06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks Dave.

Reddwarf
06-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a prosperous weekend ahead of you! Please post pictures of the job. We all like to see pictures here!

Good luck on all that work!