PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Car Wash Technique

Pages : [1] 2 3

Troy@Protekt
06-16-2008, 11:54 AM
We all see people doing things to clean or detail their car that make us cringe. :yikes: Set their wash rag on the ground and then pick it up again and drag it across the car. Grab a rotary buffer with a wool pad and race across the hood with a little old fashioned rubbing compound to get those nasty tree stains off. Then there is the person who thinks their car is a pot or pan and whips out the brillo pad to remove the bugs. Not before lubricating the surface with their car wash solution which is a hefty mixture of dishwashing liquid and well water.

Well here is a new one for me. While visiting my mother the other day I noticed her neighbor doing a little cleaning on her car. Apparently she knew better than to use dish soap and abrasive rags on her car.:redface:

She found a new use for ammonia fortified Windex.:wow: I watched (a little stunned) as she proceeded to "wash" her entire car with paper towels and Windex.:bigups

I wanted to say something but she didn`t speak english well and I figured if she`s happy with the results then why should I.

Beemerboy
06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
We all see people doing things to clean or detail their car that make us cringe. :yikes: Set their wash rag on the ground and then pick it up again and drag it across the car. Grab a rotary buffer with a wool pad and race across the hood with a little old fashioned rubbing compound to get those nasty tree stains off. Then there is the person who thinks their car is a pot or pan and whips out the brillo pad to remove the bugs. Not before lubricating the surface with their car wash solution which is a hefty mixture of dishwashing liquid and well water.

Well here is a new one for me. While visiting my mother the other day I noticed her neighbor doing a little cleaning on her car. Apparently she knew better than to use dish soap and abrasive rags on her car.:redface:

She found a new use for ammonia fortified Windex.:wow: I watched (a little stunned) as she proceeded to "wash" her entire car with paper towels and Windex.:bigups

I wanted to say something but she didn`t speak english well and I figured if she`s happy with the results then why should I.

Windex the original S&W:D

My neighbor this last weekend was washing his truck in the driveway...about 2 pm pretty hot and sunny.....I went over to talk to him...he said that he was thinking of waxing the car...knowing that he was working in the sun I offered up some P-w-C...no response...about an hour later he was out there with some turtle compound...and had smeared it all over the truck to the point that you couldn`t even see the color of the truck:eek:

89LXi
06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
And I thought washing your car with a squeegee at the gas station was bad. :yikes: :rofl

Scott P
06-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I`ve watched one of my neighbors wash his new Mercedes convertible with one of those spinning cloth brush deals you attach to a garden hose. I`m not fond of the guy and I felt sorry for the car. I swear he was tying to keep his car cleaner than I keep mine. He quit that unofficial contest after a week or two.

97F1504x4
06-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I have a neighbor that uses a big bristled brush to wash his cars and does it in the hottest part of the day.

Then i have another neighbor who soaps the entire vehicle before deciding to rinse. And it`s a black vehicle on top of it.

And to think they look at me crazy when i wash my vehicles while it`s raining.

Beemerboy
06-16-2008, 10:35 PM
And to think they look at me crazy when i wash my vehicles while it`s raining.

Next winter when its raining real bad...I`ll drive over and we both can wash our cars in your driveway...Seriously mine think the same thing about me:D

gocubbies
06-17-2008, 12:19 AM
my step dad uses glass wipes to "wash" his 94 red twin turbo supra. i do everything i can not to knock him out when i see a huge pile of the wipes in the garbage. for some reason he wont let me wash it for him. he knows what i can do. i do his camry all the time and he is alway amazed at how clean and shiney it is when i am done. some people just confuse the he@* out of me

dr_detail
06-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Why should I wash my car... that`s exactly what I have kids for!!

Poorboy
06-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Why should I wash my car... that`s exactly what I have kids for!!

my kids are too young...that`s why i have a Pockets :D

Stephan
06-17-2008, 09:15 AM
When I first met my wife she used to wash her car with one of those kitchen sponges and Topjob which is a floor cleaner.

97F1504x4
06-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Next winter when its raining real bad...I`ll drive over and we both can wash our cars in your driveway...Seriously mine think the same thing about me:D

That would really have them wondering then

IbisA4
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
My neighbor wanted to remove what he called some "deep down dirt" on his hood, so he broke out the kitchen spounge and the Ajax. He couldn`t understand why the hood was not as shiny as before. I tried to explain, but he kept insisting that his kitchen sink looked clean after he used ajax.

civicex
06-17-2008, 11:48 AM
My mother-in-law poured Windex all over her hood to remove the bird poop and did not bother to wipe it off and let the hot sun dry it for her.I need not tell you how bad her hood looks.And there is still poop on the hood to add to the fact.

Old Pirate
06-17-2008, 07:10 PM
For the past 7 yrs my next door neighbor uses Windex to clean his Honda accord. And it shows very well..:crazy2:

hammondc
06-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Murphys Oil Soap FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111