PDA

View Full Version : 76 Alfa Spyder

Reddwarf
06-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I scanned an old picture of the my favorite car I`ve owned. It was a 1976 Alfa Romeo Spyder. It was such a fun car to drive and I regret selling it :wall . But at the time I couldn`t afford to maintain it and it was the only car I had. I needed a dependable car. :dnaughty

This picture was taken circa 1985.

Just thought I`d share some memories.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/DWSpyder.jpg

Note the wheels: real wire knock-offs!

budman3
06-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Very cool car and picture, thanks for sharing.

jaybs02
06-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Nice car :drool:
Must have killed you to get rid of it

"J"

holland_patrick
06-07-2008, 07:59 AM
My father had a Sunbeam tiger...

with some form monster v-8 crammed in to it..

pogo123
06-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Nice car, thanks for posting. I had an MG and a Triumph TR4 that both had real wire wheels and knock offs. Man I miss those cars. Yeah, holland_patrick the Sunbeam Tiger was FAST. I worked as a gofer for a dealership when I was a kid and they sent me out to get the salesman some lunch and let me take a Tiger. That`s the stuff memories are made of, thanks for the post guys.

e-klasse
06-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Love it! Beautiful car!! My first was a `63 Austin-Healy Bugeye Sprite. Had a few TR-4s, a TR-6, and one amazing TR-250IRS. Wish I had pics of them all but sadly destroyed in fire.

Yes, the Sunbeam was a MONSTER! Holland_Patrick, that V8 came from Rover, and it rocked!! The power-to-weight numbers were insane. Imagine something the size of Reddwarf`s Alfa with 5+ litre V8 stuffed up front.

For those that have never seen a Sunbeam, it was the car Maxwell Smart pulled up in (majority of the time...) in the beginning credits of tv show "Get Smart".

Reddwarf
06-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Love it! Beautiful car!! My first was a `63 Austin-Healy Bugeye Sprite. Had a few TR-4s, a TR-6, and one amazing TR-250IRS. Wish I had pics of them all but sadly destroyed in fire.

Yes, the Sunbeam was a MONSTER! Holland_Patrick, that V8 came from Rover, and it rocked!! The power-to-weight numbers were insane. Imagine something the size of Reddwarf`s Alfa with 5+ litre V8 stuffed up front.

For those that have never seen a Sunbeam, it was the car Maxwell Smart pulled up in (majority of the time...) in the beginning credits of tv show "Get Smart".

Good call on the Maxwell Smart trivia! Those Sunbeam Tigers are great looking. Sounds you had some fun cars too!

Old Pirate
06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Truly a classic in my book :bigups