PDA

View Full Version : A new shirt for you Mazda fans...

YNOT
05-28-2008, 08:19 AM
This artwork is for a repeat customer. He`s now a part of the MN Mazda forums and has asked me to do up a shirt design for their club. I just heard back from him last night with an approval by him and his site moderators.

The customer wanted a Protege and a Mazdaspeed3 as well as the state outline of MN...the rest was up to me. The design is 4 `spot` colors...black, gray, and 2 blues.

http://www.satanclauz.com/mynot/MNmazda_T_2.png

I`m really stoked...I think these car illys are some of my best work yet and I`m excited to see the final printed shirts.

Any thoughts or anything that needs some tweakin` before I wrap it up?

holland_patrick
05-28-2008, 08:28 AM
maybe swith the colors or the cars. the black seems to blend in on the top..

plus i i the top car better so seeing it singled out might be nice..

Bellydawg
05-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I know this may be nitpicking. Here goes, you have door handles on the top car and none on the bottom (may be what the customer wanted). To me, the radiator thing for the turbo (mind has gone blank) on the bottom car does not seem to have the correct angle or something.

Over all it looks great. I have a Mazda Protege 5 so the design is very appealing.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

Scott P
05-30-2008, 12:25 PM
There is no MazdaSpeed 6 in your design, so therefore it is invalid. :)

GearHead_1
05-30-2008, 06:58 PM
To me, the radiator thing for the turbo (mind has gone blank) on the bottom car does not seem to have the correct angle or something.I`ll take a stab at this. The intercooler appears skewed.

I like the pics.

YNOT
05-31-2008, 08:57 AM
I know this may be nitpicking. Here goes, you have door handles on the top car and none on the bottom (may be what the customer wanted).

I `shaved` the handles on the MS3 for a more `custom` look...plus it just looks `cleaner`.

I`ll have a look at the intercooler angle before I release the art to the customer this morning.

Thanks for the comments!!

Oh...and Gearhead...it you squint really hard, the Protege up top could slightly resemble a 70 Mach 1.:rofl

GearHead_1
05-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Oh...and Gearhead...it you squint really hard, the Protege up top could slightly resemble a 70 Mach 1.:roflI tried squinting but in transformed into a Subaru SRX.