PDA

View Full Version : Peterbilts

JustPassinThru
05-11-2008, 01:17 AM
I`m new to this forum, and I`m looking for anyone who details the "BIG" trucks. I use to drive years ago and I always kept my truck looking good. I have been working in a factory for the past 16 yrs, but on occasion I detail a friends Pete.

I am doing some research right now and hoping to start detailing some more. When I have done my friends truck it seems I get bombarded by others to have me detail theirs. I think it might be somewhat of a specialty service or niche market, atleast around here.

If anyone could give some advice as to what the gong rate is for such services. The hardest part is all the polishing/buffing of all the aluminum and stainless. I use a DW variable speed polisher with different buffing wheel along with 7 different grades of bar rouge. But I still need to buy some smaller cone and round buffs to get into some tight places. I`m very picky with the end result and to be honest I haven`t satisfied myself 100% although my friend was extremely happy with the results.

I guess I`m getting a little long winded, so I will stop for now. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

black bart
05-11-2008, 06:43 AM
I like Speedy Metal Polish for aluminum it works better than most but it seems to last longer before dulling again.
I have never used it on a truck but it sure works good on my show car.