PDA

View Full Version : Leather Conditioner Preference

Reddwarf
04-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Okay, so what does everyone perfer for leather conditioner? Here are some choices:

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner $1.87/ oz

Poorboy`s World Leather Stuff $1.06/ oz

Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator $0.81/ oz

Lexol Leather Conditioner $0.65/ oz*

*actually cheaper as it is on sale right now at Detail City

CharlesW
04-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Okay, so what does everyone perfer for leather conditioner? Here are some choices:

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner $1.87/ oz

Poorboy`s World Leather Stuff $1.06/ oz

Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator $0.81/ oz

Lexol Leather Conditioner $0.65/ oz*

*actually cheaper as it is on sale right now at Detail City
Do you want any info on any products other than those listed?

Four Star Leather Conditioner $1.12/oz.
That`s the current price for the Polycharged version.
I have used the previous non polycharged version for 5 or 6 years and have been happy with it.

FWIW, I have no idea what the benefit of polycharging a leather conditioner would be.

Reddwarf
04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Other options is fine. I have Connoly`s Hide Care and Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. I was just thinking of trying something else and selected those options from Detail City`s offerings.

joyriide1113
04-20-2008, 09:09 PM
I like Poorboys Leather Stuff. I applied it by hand 2 weeks ago and the smell still lingers. :)

Mindflux
04-20-2008, 09:14 PM
How about the DuraGloss leather conditioner? You should be able to get that locally.
Duragloss Duragloss LC (Leather Conditioner) (http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=283)

Looks to be under 1.00 an oz.

ATL G35 6MT
04-20-2008, 09:14 PM
The 4* leather products are very good but the best ones I`ve used are Zaino.

The Chee
04-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Try Zaino Z10, good stuff :bigups

Stephan
04-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Out of that list I like Poorboys Leather stuff, but I also like the Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner.

Reddwarf
04-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Do you want any info on any products other than those listed?

I have used the previous non polycharged version for 5 or 6 years and have been happy with it.

FWIW, I have no idea what the benefit of polycharging a leather conditioner would be.

Is this the product?: Four Star Ultimate Leather Conditioner. (http://www.detailcity.com/four-star-ultimate-leather-conditioner-16-ounce.html)

I agree, I wonder what is up with the "polycharger"? Is that like "New and improved"? I`ve not tried any 4 Star products so perhaps this could be my opportunity! At $1.12 an oz, it`s on the higher end.

Mr. Clean
04-21-2008, 09:17 AM
+1 for the pre-polychaged version.

I wasn`t aware that the formulation had been "polycharged", and I too question the benefits. Maybe someone can chime in with an explanation.

The only other product from your list I`m familiar with is Lexol. It has also been a good performer.

CharlesW
04-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Is this the product?: Four Star Ultimate Leather Conditioner. (http://www.detailcity.com/four-star-ultimate-leather-conditioner-16-ounce.html)

I agree, I wonder what is up with the "polycharger"? Is that like "New and improved"? I`ve not tried any 4 Star products so perhaps this could be my opportunity! At $1.12 an oz, it`s on the higher end.Yes, that`s the current product.
What I have and use is the previous version that did not have the Polycharger added.
I have been very happy with it and the 2000 GTP with a little over 60,000 miles on it still looks great inside.
One thing I consider very important with leather is to clean and treat it regularly. I never let it get dirty so the cleaning is easy and I don`t have to scrub at the leather. Never use a brush, just a cotton terry towel.
Since the GTP has coated leather, I also use 303 on it once in a while to help preserve the vinyl coating. It may not be the right way and it might be overkill, but it has worked pretty good for close to 8 years. :)

CharlesW
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM

I agree, I wonder what is up with the "polycharger"? Is that like "New and improved"? I`ve not tried any 4 Star products so perhaps this could be my opportunity! At $1.12 an oz, it`s on the higher end.Remember that the DC discount of 10% will reduce that cost.
You probably should try the Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection when you order.
Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection Boosted With Polycharger! - Four Star Ultimate Car Care Products (http://www.detailcity.com/four-star-ultimate-paint-protection-16-ounce.html)
It was my product of choice for several years. I have never used a slicker product. That was also prior to the polycharger being added. Should be even better now.

9D4E420
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Leather stuff gets my vote. It softens well, picks up dirt and residue and like Joy said, it has a great long lasting leather scent.

CharlesW
04-21-2008, 10:55 AM
One thing about the Leather Stuff. It is a cleaner and conditioner in one.
Some will like that, some won`t. :)

Reddwarf
04-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Such choices! I have many PB products and they are always good so it is tempting to get the PB Leather Stuff. But I`ve not tried any 4 Star products. I really should just stick with the Connelly`s Hide care I have, but I`m a sucker for trying new stuff. And Detail City has that sale on until the end of the month....