PDA

View Full Version : China - Next Superpower?

OCD_Maniac
04-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi all,

First of all I just want to say that I am a proud patriotic american and god bless america. Now do you guys think in the distant future, we will go to war with China? I hear how people talk of how China will be the next superpower and if we go to war with them, we might LOSE. Someone told me this, if WW3 happens it will be like this:

USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Australia, Japan, South Korea

Vs.

China, Iran, Russia, and North Korea

I despise the Iraq war but If WW3 were to happen and if it comes down to it, I will volunteer. I know that China is strengthening but it sucks if we younger generation have to face this war. Hopefully there will be no red dawn where the Chinese regime invades us. Will someone who is extremely experienced in politics or who constantly keeps up with the news explain this to me. Thanks

teg86
04-19-2008, 01:30 PM
i dont think it will happen just because of all the money we have connected to one another. but if it were to happen we would likely lose if we dont resort to nuking them :p

Dozerboy
04-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Mess with the best die like the rest USA for the win. This site need one of these http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/Forum/images/smilies/usa.gif

Scott P
04-19-2008, 04:14 PM
It`s a sad time in America when you have to qualify your comments with "First of all I just want to say that I am a proud patriotic american and god bless america."

I don`t see a WWIII in any near future. Even with the current mindset of aggressive military use, I just don`t see it happen. There are too many ties politically and fiscally for such a thing to happen. America is lucky in how isolated it is geographically against potential enemies. It would be extremely difficult for any foreign power to mount a sizable attack force anywhere near our borders without us knowing about it.

Playr
04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Does Japan even have a millitary (excluding the US)? Not sure you can count on France or Canada either. Not trying to start anything just thinking out loud.

JaredPointer
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
It would be extremely difficult for any foreign power to mount a sizable attack force anywhere near our borders without us knowing about it.

Unless they did something like organize a lot of terrorist type attacks. Don`t want to name events, but it is very feasible that could be done on a much larger scale. Or just invade us from Mexico since we don`t have any sort of border control around that area. :)

(yes, yes I know.... shame on me.)

Just playing devil`s advocate. As soon as we have an AI system that can find Sarah Connor, we`re all toast anyway.

Bert
04-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi all,
Now do you guys think in the distant future, we will go to war with China? I hear how people talk of how China will be the next superpower and if we go to war with them, we might LOSE. Someone told me this, if WW3 happens it will be like this:

USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Australia, Japan, South Korea

Vs.

China, Iran, Russia, and North Korea

I believe if the above war were to break out, nuclear weapons would be almost inevitable and life on the planet would probably be wiped out.

This is why the term "Peace Through Mutually Assured Destruction" (something like that) came about. No one wins a nuclear war, all perish. No sense going to war with someone if you can`t win.

I believe China is already a super power. However, there is one thing that makes China a "somewhat ally" - well.... I don`t consider them an enemy. That one thing is the spread of capitalism through China.

Communism and Capitalism are not good bedfellows and Capitalism has been allowing democracy to spread slowly in China. (China is less communist/more democratic than it was 10 years ago are faarrr less communist/more democratic than it was 20 years ago). As China slowly becomes more Democratic, they will become less and less of a threat because democracies GENERALLY don`t go to war with each other.

My hope is as China continues to slowly become more democratic, North Korea will follow suit.

rabbi
04-21-2008, 02:42 PM
There`s alot more to worry about than a World War 3.

Poorboy
04-21-2008, 02:47 PM
There`s alot more to worry about than a World War 3.

yeah like the Whaler getting a new pair of speedos :rofl:rofl:lol2: :eek::eek: :passout:

JaredPointer
04-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I`m staying out of it. :D

Poorboy
04-21-2008, 03:14 PM
I`m staying out of it. :D

I hope you`re staying out of them :yikes::notme:

BlueZero
04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I hope you`re staying out of them :yikes::notme:

:lmfao

Good one!

rabbi
04-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Steve should The Whaler send you a pair of scratch and sniff speedos?:passout:

Poorboy
04-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Steve should The Whaler send you a pair of scratch and sniff speedos?:passout:

no, you can send those to Troy :D

Reddwarf
04-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Why would we want to fight China? They already have all of our manufacturing jobs and they sell us inexpensive products with lead at no additional cost!

I was watching a show on Nat Geo the other night. They said ships come into the Port of LA loaded with goods from China and return to China empty. How`s that for trade balance!