PDA

View Full Version : Sizzling Shine Contest

9D4E420
04-17-2008, 12:24 PM
For those of you who might be interested properautocare.com is having a Sizzling Shine picture contest. Check out the site for more information. Hopefully someone from the forum can take home bragging rights!:D

Beemerboy
04-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Where is link to the contest...oh and I finished the 93 MB e300

What a nice car, the leather in this car is better than BMW`s IMO...and that`s like pulling teeth for me to say

9D4E420
04-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Where is link to the contest...oh and I finished the 93 MB e300
What a nice car, the leather in this car is better than BMW`s IMO...and that`s like pulling teeth for me to say

Sorry about that one Dave, here`s the link: Sizzling Shine Photo Contest! (http://properautocare.com/sishphco.html)

Did you get to take anymore pics of the 300E?
Those w124 Benzs are my favorite.:crazy2: It`s like they never wear out. I know exactly what you mean. I`ve had compliments that my 94 Eclass has a nicer interior than cars ten years newer. U know what they say "They don`t make em like they used to". :rockon

Beemerboy
04-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Sorry about that one Dave, here`s the link: Sizzling Shine Photo Contest! (http://properautocare.com/sishphco.html)

Did you get to take anymore pics of the 300E?
Those w124 Benzs are my favorite.:crazy2: It`s like they never wear out. I know exactly what you mean. I`ve had compliments that my 94 Eclass has a nicer interior than cars ten years newer. U know what they say "They don`t make em like they used to". :rockon

I`ll post the finished car here since you are a MB nut!

9D4E420
04-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Nice work Dave thanks for the pics! I like those rims they are off a 95.

Beemerboy
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Nice work Dave thanks for the pics! I like those rims they are off a 95.

Really he told me it was a 93`

He paid 4K for the car with 99K on it...was owned by a guy who has a winery here...it was the wife`s car and she was really the only one that drove it...that`s why the inside is so cherry...only thing that he had to do was re-wire some harness in the car...because it works for MB as a parts guy that was a cheap fix...car runs like a new car..everything works its a steal at that price!

9D4E420
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Really he told me it was a 93`

He paid 4K for the car with 99K on it...was owned by a guy who has a winery here...it was the wife`s car and she was really the only one that drove it...that`s why the inside is so cherry...only thing that he had to do was re-wire some harness in the car...because it works for MB as a parts guy that was a cheap fix...car runs like a new car..everything works its a steal at that price!

Ahh, the famous master wire harness! The harness itself retails for $1,000 plus installation at the dealer. I did mine myself. If you can get good deals on parts and do the work yourself tons of money can be saved. Otherwise repairs will eat you out of house and home. I`m sure you are familiar with that owning a 5 series.The harness controls the whole car. The insulation on the harness decays and wires can melt. I`ve seen cars not start or catch on fire! Other than that these cars are bulletproof reliable. I`d buy that for $4,000 definitely:)

Beemerboy
04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Ahh, the famous master wire harness! The harness itself retails for $1,000 plus installation at the dealer. I did mine myself. If you can get good deals on parts and do the work yourself tons of money can be saved. Otherwise repairs will eat you out of house and home. I`m sure you are familiar with that owning a 5 series.The harness controls the whole car. The insulation on the harness decays and wires can melt. I`ve seen cars not start or catch on fire! Other than that these cars are bulletproof reliable. I`d buy that for $4,000 definitely:)

That what he said, the mechanic pulled to wires up at the motor part, stripped them back and reattached and the problem was fixed for the time being...he did say that once he has the cash he would buy a new harness, and then wrap that with some more heat proof tape to insulate the wiring.