PDA

View Full Version : help

southerndetail
04-10-2008, 06:10 PM
I got a car today with a set of kranze rims on it and who ever washed the car before used acid on them. Now usually this wouldn`t be a problem, but the lip on these are polished aluminum with some kind of coating(not the traditional clear) on them I tried using some mothers metal polish. Doing this polished the exposed raw aluminum but obviously did nothing to the coated section. I hope I can find someone who knows about these rims or something about the coating that they use.

Troy@Protekt
04-10-2008, 08:33 PM
I got a car today with a set of kranze rims on it and who ever washed the car before used acid on them. Now usually this wouldn`t be a problem, but the lip on these are polished aluminum with some kind of coating(not the traditional clear) on them I tried using some mothers metal polish. Doing this polished the exposed raw aluminum but obviously did nothing to the coated section. I hope I can find someone who knows about these rims or something about the coating that they use.

Sounds like a good time to consult a wheel doctor. When I get to the office tomorrow I will get you the number of "The Wheel Doctor" here in our area. He will be able to give you good advice.

dr_detail
04-10-2008, 11:02 PM
got a pic of the damage?