PDA

View Full Version : This is Funny & Sad at the Same Time

Beemerboy
04-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I`m still laughing my tail end off about this!

In SF they are getting ready to kick off the Olympic torch run...one news reporter was interviewing some of the protesters...he had map of the world and asked a few of them if they could point to Tibet...not one could...:rofl

One would think that if you are going to attach yourself to a cause you might have some decent knowledge of it.:D

RANDAL
04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Far western mainland china. Out near mongolia correct?

Beemerboy
04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Far western mainland china. Out near mongolia correct?

Not a test here are two maps

JaredPointer
04-09-2008, 03:15 PM
One would think that if you are going to attach yourself to a cause you might have some decent knowledge of it.:D

While I am all for the rights of others (or whatever the problem they are having in Tibet is getting resolved), one would also think that people might tend to deal with matters in their own backyards before they try to be World Police. I mean, there`s a lot of issues happening in America that Americans should attend to. Maybe I don`t watch the same news as these people or something.

Beemerboy
04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
While I am all for the rights of others (or whatever the problem they are having in Tibet is getting resolved), one would also think that people might tend to deal with matters in their own backyards before they try to be World Police. I mean, there`s a lot of issues happening in America that Americans should attend to. Maybe I don`t watch the same news as these people or something.

No you do they are just looking for some foreign humanitarian cause...we have plenty of domestic ones that need attention!

RANDAL
04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
I was only a couple thousand miles off.

Beemerboy
04-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Here is a link to one of the news reports quite funny really

YouTube - Free Tibet, wait, where is Tibet? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twHzXN3kNTs)

Mr. Clean
04-09-2008, 04:13 PM

Too late. Someone (at least three someones) already pinned on the badge (though it`s a really cheap tin one).

Pay attention? We can`t even afford that. :wall

Look out I might jump on the closest soapbox :redface:

Reddwarf
04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Beemerboy, that is too funny and so typical of people. I agree with you, one would think that they would try to be a bit informed about what they are protesting.