PDA

View Full Version : Overspray!!

9D4E420
04-05-2008, 09:09 AM
To make a long story short I`ve been working on a 03 Yukon Denali for 2 days now. It seemed that it was used for construction or something like that. You guys know what I mean crud in every square inch of this truck. Yesterday I left to get my mop chopped at 2pm. Everything was complete except for the polishing and waxing. I told the salesman to leave it in the shop because it was supposed to rain. Well the bumper guy decided to come and spot paint the scuffs on the bumpers. I told the owner before I only detail the cars after any paintwork. This morning I get into the shop to find the whole thing completely covered in overspray. No exaggeration but it seems almost deliberately done by the painter there is so much overspray. I can get it off but who is paying?:mad::wall:huh:

Beemerboy
04-05-2008, 10:15 AM
To make a long story short I`ve been working on a 03 Yukon Denali for 2 days now. It seemed that it was used for construction or something like that. You guys know what I mean crud in every square inch of this truck. Yesterday I left to get my mop chopped at 2pm. Everything was complete except for the polishing and waxing. I told the salesman to leave it in the shop because it was supposed to rain. Well the bumper guy decided to come and spot paint the scuffs on the bumpers. I told the owner before I only detail the cars after any paintwork. This morning I get into the shop to find the whole thing completely covered in overspray. No exaggeration but it seems almost deliberately done by the painter there is so much overspray. I can get it off but who is paying?:mad::wall:huh:

Well IMO since this was created by the paint guy then he should shell out some cash for the time that you will spend getting it off...as for how...start with clay its fresh so it should lift easily...if that doesn`t work then mineral spirits would be the next choice which mean washing the rig again...I`m guessing that the clay will do it...I would also prep the paint again with some pro-polish or a paint cleaner

9D4E420
04-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Well IMO since this was created by the paint guy then he should shell out some cash for the time that you will spend getting it off...as for how...start with clay its fresh so it should lift easily...if that doesn`t work then mineral spirits would be the next choice which mean washing the rig again...I`m guessing that the clay will do it...I would also prep the paint again with some pro-polish or a paint cleaner

Thanks for the input Dave, it`s much appreciated. I just finished the overspray removal with PB clay and S&W. I was leaning the same way with the bill I was figuring the painter should pay. I know he doesn`t work in a booth but still it`s very bad. I wonder what the expression will be when he sees the bill.:rofl

Beemerboy
04-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the input Dave, it`s much appreciated. I just finished the overspray removal with PB clay and S&W. I was leaning the same way with the bill I was figuring the painter should pay. I know he doesn`t work in a booth but still it`s very bad. I wonder what the expression will be when he sees the bill.:rofl

Great just blink him for an hours worth of you time since thats all you had to do, to correct his mess the rest you where going to do anyway right?

9D4E420
04-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I was going to SSR it and Natty`s anyway. It put me back an hour so that`s what he will be getting charged. I`m just glad it didn`t get the overspray on it after the polishing. Then I might have totally lost it! LOL