PDA

View Full Version : Happy Opening Day!

Scott P
03-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Yes, I know there have been three regular season MLB games played already, but they don`t really count. :) Today is Opening Day! It`s the greatest time of year. I plan on sitting my butt in front of the TV all days to soak in the excitement.

First up, the Jays play the Stankees at 1:05 EST. If anyone calls, they better be prepared to talk quickly and only during a commercial. :)

Stephan
03-31-2008, 10:58 AM
I am a big Yankees fan, and I am very cautiously optomistic, to think our fate this year really rests on the shoulders of three young pitchers makes me nervous...but your right love opening day...

cwcad
03-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Ya, only 161 games to the real season. The playoffs!!!:yay

Scott P
03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
The Jays/Stankees game was rained out and has been rescheduled for tomorrow night. :(

Scott P
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Ya, only 161 games to the real season. The playoffs!!!:yay

Make that several months of Fantasy Baseball goodness, then the playoffs. :)

Stephan
03-31-2008, 04:17 PM
The Jays/Stankees game was rained out and has been rescheduled for tomorrow night. :(

well its suppose to rain here most of the week, the yankees season may not start for a bit...

although tomorrow maybe ok, plus temps in the low 60`s:yay

derekbmw
03-31-2008, 05:32 PM
NYY fan here, its gonna be a fun season and also very very important season...can`t wait til all the prospects (tabata, horne, jackson etc) join our club.

Stephan
03-31-2008, 06:00 PM
NYY fan here, its gonna be a fun season and also very very important season...can`t wait til all the prospects (tabata, horne, jackson etc) join our club.

Tabata and Jackson I really want to see...also any word on Brent J. Cox...they made it sound like at one point this guy was a flmae thrower of a pitcher...possible reliever.

derekbmw
03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
From mlb.com

Cox missed all of 2007 with Tommy John surgery and has resumed throwing on the side, with his recovery on schedule. He wasn`t invited to big league Spring Training because he`s a bit behind the rest of the pitchers, but he`ll be competitively pitching near the beginning of the Minor League schedule. The Yankees still regard him highly and a potential big league debut in late 2008 or sometime in 2009 wouldn`t seem to be out of the question.

rabbi
03-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Baseball has started.I love it!:passout:

cwcad
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Santana, arguably the best pitcher in Baseball, went 7 innings of scoreless ball with 8 K`s. GO Mets in the NL. Twins were ahead 2-0 don`t know the final score?

Stephan
04-01-2008, 04:19 AM
It was a nice pick up for the Mets because they didn`t really have to give anyone major up to get him, unlike what the Yankees were going to have to shell out...

Think of how good their rotation would be if they didn`t make that horrible trade and get rid of Kazmir like they did...

Minnesota won 3-2