PDA

View Full Version : Californians Are Funny People

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
03-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Over the weekend I had one detail to get done...turns out the Friday into Saturday we had some showers, then the forecast was for clear skies for the rest of the weekend and into this week.

The customer calls me on Saturday AM and says it raining! I said its not raining but we have some showers and then its going to clear out....His reply is well can we put this off until next week...no problem...he is a 4 to 6 times a year full detail so

I wasn`t totally concerned....it just meant that I had time to do my OWN car for a change....and set out to spend the next two days cleaning every square inch of the BMW:D

Any-who I find that most everyone that I talk to in my area, are fair weather jobs...if there is a chance of rain in the next week or they feel that we are not passed the rainy season (end of April) they don`t really like to spend the cash to get their cars detailed.

I`ve giving up on explaining the reasons for getting the car protected no matter what the weather is.

Anyone else see this in there area or is this just CA mentality :D:D:D

LikeaRock
03-31-2008, 10:44 AM
I plan on moving to South Lake Tahoe (if everything goes as planned) this coming summer, try explaining exterior car care to those people during the winter months :passout:

Stephan
03-31-2008, 10:49 AM
I think its like that every where...

Here at least with the people I deal with they want there cars detailed in the winter because of the protection, but at times its just to cold to do it, even with waterless washes...but they want it done...

come spring and summer time, when my neighbors see me washing my car, their response is always, why are you washing your car its suppose to rain...

My conversations usually go like this...me washing my car on a Saturday morning...

Neighbor: Washing your car again?

Me: Yup

Neighbor: You know its suppose to rain on Wednesday?

Me: Yeah...and?

Neighbor: Well why are you washing it, if its going to rain, its just going to get dirty again.

Me: So wait...what exactly is your parameter or length of time you go by, to which you feel its safe enough to wash your car?

Neighbor: (Shrugs their shoulders) See Ya...

Beemerboy
03-31-2008, 10:52 AM

Here at least with the people I deal with they want there cars detailed in the winter because of the protection, but at times its just to cold to do it, even with waterless washes...but they want it done...

come spring and summer time, when my neighbors see me washing my car, their response is always, why are you washing your car its suppose to rain...

My conversations usually go like this...me washing my car on a Saturday morning...

Neighbor: Well why are you washing it, if its going to rain, its just going to get dirty again.

Me: So wait...what exactly is your parameter or length of time you go by, to which you feel its safe enough to wash your car?

Strphan, I will go one passed you...I`ve washed my car in the rain then pulled into the garage to finish the detail...its called boredom in my case...The neighbors just shake there heads now

Stephan
03-31-2008, 10:54 AM
I will go passed you...I`ve washed my car in the rain then pulled into the garage to finish the detail...its called boredom in my case...The neighbors just shake there heads now

I do that, especially in the summer with a nice warm rain...it saves me from having to rinse off the car...

blk45
03-31-2008, 11:41 AM

With that mentality, why do they take showers? They are just going to get dirty again later that day! :D

Stephan
03-31-2008, 11:47 AM
With that mentality, why do they take showers? They are just going to get dirty again later that day! :D

exactly...I will have to remember that one...:D

Beemerboy
03-31-2008, 01:20 PM

I like it, but last I checked a car doesn`t develop body odor

Stephan
03-31-2008, 02:14 PM
I like it, but last I checked a car doesn`t develop body odor

I would like to send you the car I just did, this car stunk...literally

proshinedetail
03-31-2008, 02:19 PM
hey was up dave ...bigron on wifes computer ...i cant login under my username

Beemerboy
03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
hey was up dave ...bigron on wifes computer ...i cant login under my username

Not to much about the same oel same ole...you can`t log in? wonder why?

97F1504x4
04-03-2008, 05:46 PM

I get the same thing.
Then when i begin washing the truck while it is raining during the winter becasue i cannot stand my truck to get to dirty they really look at me oddly.

Then during the summer I am usally up at the crack of dawn washing or late at night when it`s dark out. So they really think i am out of my mind

Stephan
04-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I get the same thing.
Then when i begin washing the truck while it is raining during the winter becasue i cannot stand my truck to get to dirty they really look at me oddly.

Then during the summer I am usally up at the crack of dawn washing or late at night when it`s dark out. So they really think i am out of my mind

nothing beats washing at the crack of dawn on a summer morning...

jaybs02
04-03-2008, 06:59 PM
6:30 in the morning with a pair of sweats on going over my car w/ S&W...people think I`m insane.
But mine is the best looking car on the block :D

"J"

dr_detail
04-03-2008, 08:10 PM
after 20 years of doing this I think it`s more than just a rain thing... I think it goes deeper

somthing like this....

About September it slows down -- kids go back to school, lot`s of expenses, yadda, yadda, yadda... then it`s into the holiday season. Turkeys, travel, family friends, etc... Next comes that X-mas spending, max out our charge cards, tap the till, give, give, give, spend, spend, spend... yadda, yadda, yadda the important thing is not the gift ya`no it`s how much ya spent. Now we`re into the new year -- recouping from all that over holiday spending. Then comes taxes -- what do you mean I`m not getting a refund??? But, come end of April into May WHAM!! Tax refunds arrive, and the days get longer. Seems every one wants a clean ride and has a lil extra money to drop on cleaning it up. Summer comes and of course every one wants it done (on Friday of course!!!). As days start getting shorter, the leaves start falling and low and behold the cycle starts itself all over agian....