PDA

View Full Version : Losing my drive?

Pages : [1] 2 3

JaredPointer
03-25-2008, 10:23 AM
It seems here lately like I am losing my drive/desire for detailing. I`ve never been a professional, although I do some "customer" vehicles. I generally do it for the fun of it and for the reward of a pristine looking vehicle. Anyone else get this feeling? I had a four day weekend, with wonderful weather and did not once attempt to try and clean up my rides. I just didn`t have it in me.

Poorboy
03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
It seems here lately like I am losing my drive/desire for detailing. I`ve never been a professional, although I do some "customer" vehicles. I generally do it for the fun of it and for the reward of a pristine looking vehicle. Anyone else get this feeling? I had a four day weekend, with wonderful weather and did not once attempt to try and clean up my rides. I just didn`t have it in me.

Jared it`s not unusual especially after the birth of a child and the time and lack of sleep that comes with the new life style ;)

Beemerboy
03-25-2008, 10:44 AM
We all hit the wall once in a while, not just in detailing....summers on the way and you will get back on track as it dose

MagicCity33
03-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I truly understand but for me the pollen kills me. I hate cleaning with a mask on and when I snatch the mask off I always get to sniffling and sneezing. I started for the love of a shiney vehicle now it is becoming a necessary income do to the cost of living increasing. Last Saturday I had to drag myself out of bed to get to my client`s home.

I truly feel ya man!

Stephan
03-25-2008, 11:11 AM
I hear you and know how you feel, although I think it maybe different for us in the true winter areas that can`t detail or really clean our cars because of the weather and or cold conditions.

But even I saw my car today and it needs a wash badly, I just don`t feel like doing it...

Scott P
03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
It happens eventually. I often find excuses to not do it. Things like "It`s going to rain tomorrow" or "The road is wet from the rain yesterday." It`s even worse now during pollen season. I want my car too look clan, but I know it will be covered in pollen an hour after I wash, dry and quick detail it.

You`ll even find a slot for detailing into your schedule and life. You probably just need a break.

9D4E420
03-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Jared it`s not unusual especially after the birth of a child and the time and lack of sleep that comes with the new life style ;)

JP, I have to agree with Steve on this one. You probably have alot on your plate right now with your family, etc. Every once in a while I feel how you do and there is always tons of other concerns on my mind. It will pass over soon and you can get back out there. I definitely wouldn`t say you are loosing your drive. Take it easy and get back out there when the mood hits you.:bigups

Poorboy
03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Try it with twins.. you`ll not only lose that drive but :eek: :passout:

cwcad
03-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Hang in there, Jared. Everyone hits a low time. Guilt is not a very good motivator. Believe me...I know. I went close to 9 months not doing anything on my truck. Eventually pride will take control and your energy will improve. Just do not be hard on yourself.

IbisA4
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Everyone has that sometimes. I went through a rough time with a few deaths in the family and a surgery. I let my cars get so bad, I was ashamed of them. I started out again slowly, and before I knew it, I was having to be dragged out of the garage again to eat. It will comeback. Just give it some time.

Scott P
03-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Maybe they can make a pill and call it Waxagra. :)

rabbi
03-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Jared, I`m right there with ya man. I just don`t feel like it. I`ve had a PC now for over a year and the only time it`s been out of the box is when I first got it.I`ve got plenty of pads and prods. but not plenty of drive.I`m :passout:.:passout:

joyriide1113
03-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Maybe they can make a pill and call it Waxagra. :)

You WIN!

jaybs02
03-25-2008, 07:00 PM
We all get that way Jared, take a break for a while, there will be something out there to polish when you are ready...Like every else pointed out you got a lot going on right now wait till your little one is looking to help, you won`t be able to get out there enough.

"J"

Clean Dean
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
JaredPointer,

I never lose my drive when detailing for customers who appreciates the end results, and is willing to fairly compensate for one`s knowledge and skill. On the other hand, I can be downright rude, when I get a call from a "potential customer" who wants their 5 year old pig restored back to showroom condition for $150.

I have been on this forum for quite a while, and have read many of your post. You ARE a professional, and I would not hesitate to refer you to anyone I know. Life is crazy, keep things in perspective. Take a break if you need it. I was probably the most passionite drug free bodybuilder on the planet 10 years ago. I took a 10 year break, and will be back on stage bigger an better than ever on April 19. maybe you need to take a breather, but don`t take 10 years !!! :eek: I`ll come looking for you.