PDA

View Full Version : help with clear coat

eric04m
03-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi guys I am new here and to the detailing world. My brother has a car that he is restoring/turning it into a hot rod and we were going to make it look as good as possible as right now because it wont be painted for another year probably. The clear coat on the car is peeling of and bubbling pretty bad, is there anything that can be done to make that look better and maybe bring back a little shine to it? And also is there anything that can be done to slow down the clear coat from peeling so bad? I know we wont be able to make it look great bet any ideas on how to make it look better would be greatly appriciated

Poorboy
03-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry Eric there`s not much you can do if it`s at that point ...you can polish off the rest of the clear to get a more even look, but polishing a base coat ( the layer under the clear) will not hold a shine:(

Stephan
03-22-2008, 09:46 PM
First welcome to the group, sorry to hear about the car, but like Steve said there is not much you do besides back to the paint booth.

eric04m
03-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Alright thanks guys thats what I thought the case would be but I wanted to ask someone that knows what they are doing first, and since everything I have tried from this forum has worked like magic I knew you guys would know. Thanks for the help