PDA

View Full Version : NCAA tounament question

Poorboy
03-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I was watch the March madness last night and they said I was watching the "WEST" regional game ..AZ vs WVU , but it was coming from Georgetown in Washington DC :hmmm:
Since when is DC in the West :idea:confused::huh::inspector:

Stephan
03-21-2008, 12:44 PM
I was watch the March madness last night and they said I was watching the "WEST" regional game ..AZ vs WVU , but it was coming from Georgetown in Washington DC :hmmm:
Since when is DC in the West :idea:confused::huh::inspector:

Because the Sweet 16 and elite eight of that round is played in Phoenix thats why its the West bracket...

Poorboy
03-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Because the Sweet 16 and elite eight of that round is played in Phoenix thats why its the West bracket...

that still doesn`t put DC in the West :crazy:

rabbi
03-21-2008, 01:56 PM
It`s west of Cape Cod Stevie Boy!:passout:

Stephan
03-21-2008, 05:16 PM
that still doesn`t put DC in the West :crazy:

Its only because they take into account those last set of games, not the first two...

audiboy
03-21-2008, 05:51 PM
They also like to use neutral sites if they can. It doesn`t always work out that way though.

CharlesW
03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Another big factor in choosing the sites is money.
Imagine that! :D

For the first round of the Women`s NCAA Tournament to be held in Des Moines, IA, Iowa State as the host team, had to guarantee the NCAA $76,117.
The men`s tournament hosts probably have to guarantee at least that much if not more.

Poorboy
03-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I always remembered the East games being in the East, the South being in the South, MidWest being in the MidWest and the West being in a western state:passout:

CharlesW
03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I always remembered the East games being in the East, the South being in the South, MidWest being in the MidWest and the West being in a western state:passout:Given that the winners in Des Moines move on to Greensboro NC, I guess Des Moines IA is now in the East region. :)
And I thought math was my weak subject, looks like I didn`t do too well with geography, either. :confused:

Poorboy
03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Given that the winners in Des Moines move on to Greensboro NC, I guess Des Moines IA is now in the East region. :)
And I thought math was my weak subject, looks like I didn`t do too well with geography, either. :confused:

you and the NCAA..I guess US geography is no longer taught :passout: