PDA

View Full Version : You Know What I Love About Car Care Ad`s?

Beemerboy
03-21-2008, 11:18 AM
The illustrations that they use to show you how their product works...The diagrams that show the surface of the paint and how there stuff, remove, shines, etc. Really makes me laugh more than anything.

The ones that have the chemical terms that you would have to be a chemist to understand really take me back.

I guess its all marketing or trying to convey the message but I just find them funny

THIS IS IN NO WAY PROMOTING ANY PRODUCT, THESE ARE ONLY EXAMPLES OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

Thanks

Stephan
03-21-2008, 11:29 AM
I remember a long time ago, when I was earlier in my detailing career watching the 30 minute informercials with that annoying small British guy who would put down his product on the car then spray lighter fluid and then set it on fire...because that what happens to normal everyday people

Poorboy
03-21-2008, 11:30 AM
The illustrations that they use to show you how their product works...The diagrams that show the surface of the paint and how there stuff, remove, shines, etc. Really makes me laugh more than anything.

The ones that have the chemical terms that you would have to be a chemist to understand really take me back.

I guess its all marketing or trying to convey the message but I just find them funny

THIS IS IN NO WAY PROMOTING ANY PRODUCT, THESE ARE ONLY EXAMPLES OF WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

Thanks
:lol2: considering you are leaving about a layer as thick as a piece of notebook paper :notme:

black bart
03-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Not just detailing products I saw ad for a riding mower and they were showing how fast it could mow and the guy was really going fast across the lawn but the blades were not on nothing was coming out of the discharge chute.

Tony Supreme
03-21-2008, 12:47 PM
That`s so funny. Every once in a while a customer comes in with deep scratches and says " I saw this stuff on....." and I stop them right there & send them to the body shop.

9D4E420
03-21-2008, 01:07 PM
When reading this thread all I can think of is that cheesy dude Billy Mays. Most of those corny ads are entertaining because they are just so stupid I always laugh because some people really take that stuff seriously.

black bart
03-21-2008, 03:14 PM
When reading this thread all I can think of is that cheesy dude Billy Mays. Most of those corny ads are entertaining because they are just so stupid I always laugh because some people really take that stuff seriously.
You don`t like screaming Billy :rofl

Big Leegr
03-21-2008, 04:21 PM
What? You didn`t know that the louder you are the more honest you are?

Wait... I meant ... THE MORE HONEST YOU ARE. YOU CAN TRUST ME ON THIS!!!

GothamAuto
03-22-2008, 08:45 AM

What, you mean your goal in life isn`t to sell anything and everything thrown in front of you on infomercials?

Beemerboy
03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
What? You didn`t know that the louder you are the more honest you are?

Wait... I meant ... THE MORE HONEST YOU ARE. YOU CAN TRUST ME ON THIS!!!

He`s probably sitting on a beach somewhere in the south pacific retired:D

Big Leegr
03-22-2008, 10:10 AM
He`s probably sitting on a beach somewhere in the south pacific retired:D

From what I`ve read, he`s in Palm Harbor, Fla. driving a black Bentley. :rockon

CharlesW
03-22-2008, 11:43 AM
You Know What I Love About Car Care Ad`s? That`s an easy one. Sales and/or free shipping. :bigups

blk45
03-22-2008, 03:17 PM
From what I`ve read, he`s in Palm Harbor, Fla. driving a black Bentley. :rockon

Plenty of black Bentleys here, but I haven`t seen him. :hmmm: Although it`s not like I`m looking for him.

gokartmozart
03-22-2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.amiannoying.com/(S(4exdnz553ncnpxmnbw3ire55))/Resources/Images/photo.aspx?image=5317.jpg

Sh*t stains are not match for OxiClean! KABOOM!