PDA

View Full Version : Quick impression of NXT 2.0

CharlesW
03-13-2008, 04:41 PM
The Blazer got a S&W wash today and since a friend had given me some NXT 2.0, it seemed like it would be better used on the vehicle rather than left in the bottle. :)
1. Easy on.
2. Easy off.
3. I tried to avoid the black trim as much as possible, but didn`t see any evidence of staining. The instructions do say, "Keep off rubber, cloth, vinyl and non-painted surfaces". It didn`t say anything about staining, but I can`t think of any other reason to avoid those surfaces.
4. A little goes a long way. I don`t think I used quite an ounce for the Blazer
5. It was very slick to the touch when I finished. I don`t think it was quite as slick as I remember Four Star UPP being, but very few products are.
6. This is a daily driver that doesn`t get a lot of care, lots of drive-thru car washes, (Touchless), and is outside 24/7. If I remember, I will try to monitor the durability.

FWIW, I had no problem with the original NXT other than the fact that I felt it darkened the red on our GTP. The Blazer is white, so that isn`t a factor on it.
Although a lot of people complained about the durability of the original NXT, it seemed to last 4 to 6 weeks when I was using it. :dunno:

cwcad
03-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I found it pretty easy to apply as well. Darkened my paint some but the look was still shiny as I am sure is yours. Must be warming quickly in your little berg these days. I know of four vehicle(who knows....maybe more?) that you worked on in two days. Now all the Rainmaker needs to do is get it raining to clear the fields and warm the soil for the farmers.:)

CharlesW
03-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Now all the Rainmaker needs to do is get it raining to clear the fields and warm the soil for the farmers.:)
The rain may come, but It isn`t going to do a lot of warming just yet.
A synopsis of our forecast:
Rain is possible Friday afternoon and Friday evening, mostly south of I-80, before changing to light snow Friday night and Saturday morning. Southwest Iowa could see a couple of inches by noon Saturday, but it`s likely some of that will melt as it falls. Rain is ahead in Monday`s forecast, and that could change over to a little light snow in northern Iowa again late Monday and Tuesday.

6.5 days till spring!

RTexasF
03-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I agree with cwcad, it does make the paint darker without question. As with most sealants it is better looking and more slick to the touch the next day. I like the ease of use and look but will only use it on lighter colored cars from now on. With the lighter paints it`s almost impossible to see the darkening effect but very obvious with dark colors.

Jngrbrdman
03-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Since NXT contains fillers that hide the swirls, it will almost certianly stain trim if it isn`t caught right away. Avoiding plastic and anything textured is probably a good idea. :)

I saw this on the shelf the other day and almost bought some, but I am pretty happy with what I`m using right now and I don`t want to spend $15 bucks on a bottle of NXT when that same $15 will get me another bottle of my product of the moment. One of these days I`ll give it a whirl though. I really liked the original NXT and it has remained a product that I recommend to anyone looking for great appearance and some impact on light swirls all in a product that can be bought locally and applied by hand. NXT may have been a little over hyped when it came out, but it has never disappointed me.

joyriide1113
03-14-2008, 12:46 AM
If you allow the product to haze ont he trim, most of the time it will stain, but I always remove after 2-3 panels and have not noticed any staining even with products high in petroleuma nd solvents like #16, Pinkwax, Collinite, and 3M Show car paste wax.

Certain sealants like Zaino, EX-P don`t stain so I don`t worry about it too much.,

JaredPointer
03-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Glad to see your honest opinions of it Mr. W. I like it, but all I have are light colored vehicles these days.

Also, it seems everyone`s big knock is "does it stain trim?" I never seem to have a problem getting LSP on my trim. Am I doing it wrong?

Stephan
03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Glad to see your honest opinions of it Mr. W. I like it, but all I have are light colored vehicles these days.

Also, it seems everyone`s big knock is "does it stain trim?" I never seem to have a problem getting LSP on my trim. Am I doing it wrong?

I have never had problems with an LSP staining my trim, only polish...

dave40co
03-14-2008, 12:40 PM
NXT 2.0 will stain trim. I did a test to see if it would by purposely waxing some rubber and plastic. It looked great at first but turns hazy white after a while.

blucpe
03-15-2008, 07:50 AM
the darkening was something i mentioned on here awhile back about the first nxt, not necessarily a bad thing but i feel it mutes the flake a little, and subsequently if you layer it it will cintinue to get darker. i suspect this product would be great on black, or dark maroon. just my opinion.

black bart
03-15-2008, 08:46 AM
the darkening was something i mentioned on here awhile back about the first nxt, not necessarily a bad thing but i feel it mutes the flake a little, and subsequently if you layer it it will cintinue to get darker. i suspect this product would be great on black, or dark maroon. just my opinion.I have three Black vehicles {I`m a brute for punishment } also a Red Wine color explorer and I like what NXT does for them.
When I put M135 on my Black Ranger it looked Blacker and glossier than before.
IMO the NXT and M135 both are great on Black.
That is my opinion and it is probably worth what you paid for it.:rockon

CharlesW
03-15-2008, 12:05 PM
The darkening effect is why I quit using it when it first came out a few years back.
I tried for the better part of a year to accept the darker look of the red GTP, but I finally got to the point that I changed products.
As mentioned, it was not necessarily a bad thing, but if I had wanted a darker red car, I would have purchased a darker red car. :D
Application, appearance, durability, were all acceptable to me.
That was with the original NXT.
The NXT 2.0 seems to have many of the same traits as the original and "possibly" greater durability.