PDA

View Full Version : New Extractor

Pages : [1] 2

Stephan
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Well I have decided to bite the bullet and buy an extractor and I am looking at getting the Mytee Lite 2 8070. I am not a professional detailer, meaning while I do get paid this is not my main source of income therefore I don`t have the need for anything larger then the three gallon capacity that this machine offers.

I also don`t mind changing out the container more often if it means the price is less. I like the brand and I have read good things about them and they seem to be reliable and well liked. My primary question is the water lift, it shows 85, which seems low compared to even compact models which are at around 100.

I am looking for thoughts, comparisons and or recommendations from other users of Mytee or other brands that are in this price range to get their thoughts on this.

Poorboy
03-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I think Duramaid also make a small model that has had good reviews .... try the search feature :rofl:lol2:

Stephan
03-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I think Duramaid also make a small model that has had good reviews .... try the search feature :rofl:lol2:

LOL...yes I used the search feature...thanks...:D

I have read mixed reviews on the Durrmaid, I have read alot of people not just this site have had problems with the pump....

Poorboy
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
how much were you looking to spend? and did you want a heated or un-heated model?

Stephan
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
how much were you looking to spend? and did you want a heated or un-heated model?

I want heated...or I believe that carpets seem to clean better with heat...around $800

Poorboy
03-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I want heated...or I believe that carpets seem to clean better with heat...around $800

i looked at a few machines, but most of them seem to be about $1200-$1500 for the next size up. I think that if you are willing to go for the next level it would probably pay off in the long run .. 3 gallon tanks are really small :wow:

Stephan
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
I rarely do more then one car at a time so three gallons maybe fine...but I will look into that range as well, but for me thats alot of money...

Poorboy
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I rarely do more then one car at a time so three gallons maybe fine...but I will look into that range as well, but for me thats alot of money...

I have attachments to make my 16 gallon wet vac into a extractor and have filled it many times with just one dirty mini-van .. I can`t imagine 3 gallons being more than a spot cleaner as many of Mytee`s competitors advertise for that size.. Even though it may seem like a bit more than you intended to spend, with a larger machine, you probably wouldn`t think twice about doing a few rooms in the house;)

Bert
03-05-2008, 02:44 PM
I have attachments to make my 16 gallon wet vac into a extractor

How did you do that? I heated extractor?

Poorboy
03-05-2008, 03:18 PM
How did you do that? I heated extractor?

It was a kit that was sold by Sears for a while , discontinued now, and it hooked up to a faucet with a 100 foot hose, then it connected to a mixture bottle, and away you go ... One thing I did learn over the years was that I shouldn`t turn the water heater up too high as it could melt the hose:notme:

btw... when i learned they were discontinuing them I bought all they had :D

Stephan
03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
I have attachments to make my 16 gallon wet vac into a extractor and have filled it many times with just one dirty mini-van .. I can`t imagine 3 gallons being more than a spot cleaner as many of Mytee`s competitors advertise for that size.. Even though it may seem like a bit more than you intended to spend, with a larger machine, you probably wouldn`t think twice about doing a few rooms in the house;)

Well if I went up to a larger size would you still recommend Mytee or someone else...I don`t think there is a consumer reports out there for extractors...although there maybe...

Poorboy
03-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Well if I went up to a larger size would you still recommend Mytee or someone else...I don`t think there is a consumer reports out there for extractors...although there maybe...

I`m sure the larger Mytee would be a good machine, but if you google Extractor, it will come up with a site that offers many different commercial models ... I think the site also has testimonials...

vwgtivw
03-05-2008, 08:59 PM
I have the Mytee HP60 and I can do a filthy mini van on less then 5 gallons.

Beemerboy
03-06-2008, 10:32 AM

Stephan

I`ve had a 5 gallon model here and it was over kill for me...Like you I work on one car a day at the most..The 3 gallon of you can get one you can afford will be enough....I would just make sure that its the heated model the hot water really makes the difference.

In retrospect for me the extractor ( the trail one I had here) was just on the side of over kill based on the type of cars that I get...there are those times that I could really use it, but looking back only about 20%...however you live in an area that has weather conditions that are a lot harder on cars than out here..That`s my .02 on it

If I had the budget I would like one, but when I had the loaner there where many cars that I did that I didn`t use it on..its just really nice to have when you do!

Stephan
03-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Stephan

I`ve had a 5 gallon model here and it was over kill for me...Like you I work on one car a day at the most..The 3 gallon of you can get one you can afford will be enough....I would just make sure that its the heated model the hot water really makes the difference.

In retrospect for me the extractor ( the trail one I had here) was just on the side of over kill based on the type of cars that I get...there are those times that I could really use it, but looking back only about 20%...however you live in an area that has weather conditions that are a lot harder on cars than out here..That`s my .02 on it

If I had the budget I would like one, but when I had the loaner there where many cars that I did that I didn`t use it on..its just really nice to have when you do!

I was looking at the Galaxy 5 model by Edic, which isn`t bad either...but to get the heated model pushes me above $1000 and that doesn`t include the extrodinary shipping costs...because I can`t find anyone even close to this state that sells them...

While its not heated th e Galaxy 5 does have 136" water lift and 100 psi so that may help offset the heat some wht...I do like that the heater if purchased is external, so I can do it as an add on later...so I am weighing my options the Mytee 2 lite, or about $175 more the Galaxy 5...So what I need to find out is does the extra strength of the Galaxy out wiegh the heater of the Mytee...