PDA

View Full Version : spray sealants....

Detailworksguy
02-28-2008, 01:11 AM
So today after I was done w/ the Denali i wiped it down w/ a old zaino product that was just sitting in the shop and it was real nice But I would like to know what you guys know about these sealants if they are actual sealants or just more spray wax.( anyone used the Glare product? If so please tell how you felt about it thanks :dcrules

Detailworksguy
02-28-2008, 01:17 AM
So today after I was done w/ the Denali i wiped it down w/ a old zaino product that was just sitting in the shop and it was real nice But I would like to know what you guys know about these sealants if they are actual sealants or just more spray wax.( anyone used the Glare product? If so please tell how you felt about it thanks :dcrules
My bad

JaredPointer
02-28-2008, 08:10 AM
I think the Z8 and Aquawax are labeled as spray sealants. I think there might be others as well - specifically the spray on walk away sealants like Zaino Clear Seal, Ultima, and Optimum has one too.

Personally, the only one I have any real experience with is the Aquawax, and even then I was generally topping another sealant with it. I have been using Z8 quite a bit lately.

CharlesW
02-28-2008, 09:39 AM

I think the Z8 and Aquawax are labeled as spray sealants. I think there might be others as well - specifically the spray on walk away sealants like Zaino Clear Seal, Ultima, and Optimum has one too.

Personally, the only one I have any real experience with is the Aquawax, and even then I was generally topping another sealant with it. I have been using Z8 quite a bit lately.
The Glare products I haven`t used, but I think we have had some discussion about it. Seems like it is another of those "Never have to wax again" products.
I don`t think so. :)

I have used Four Star Ultimate Spray Sealant, but for only a short time. It looked good and I don`t leave my vehicles alone long enough to comment on long term durability.
The same is true with the Dura Gloss Aqua Wax. I didn`t/don`t use either one as a stand alone LSP and don`t think I would.

The wipe on, walk away sealant I have used is Optimum Opti-Seal. It applies easily and looks great.
Again, it has all the durability I need on the vehicles since they get regular applications of something at least every 4 to 6 weeks. Usually about every 2 to 3 weeks I use the AW. It`s as easy to use as a QD and since it leaves at least some protection, why not?

Last spring, I used Optimum Poli-Seal on my boat and then followed it with Optimum Opti-Seal. The boat is cleaned regularly with Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe during the boating season and AW was applied occasionally. The combination seemed to hold up for 4 or 5 months, but I have no idea how either product would do over that period of time if used alone.

Detailworksguy: Just curious, what was the apology for? Did I miss something?

JaredPointer
02-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Maybe it was for mentioning GLARE. :)

CharlesW
02-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Maybe it was for mentioning GLARE. :)
Since he did highlight the glare in his apology thread, you are probably right in what is apology was directed at.
What I was wondering was why he felt an apology was necessary.
To the best of my knowledge, discussion of any product is welcome.
Pimping of any product is not.
He didn`t seem to be pimping, just asking a question.
:dunno:

JaredPointer
02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I was just thinking clever again, that`s all. No product needs an upfront apology, although some could use upfront disclaimers at times. :D

distrbd
03-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Three products have become invaluable to me this winter ,ONR for a it`s versatility,PB spray&wipe for,,, well it being the only product I can rely on for a quick wipe that make the paint pop,and the last one is DG aquawax for those cold days that nothing else works but AW ,I spray it on the car and some on the MF towel( AL-53`s idea)and quickly do the whole car in 5 minutes ,the protection is not bad 3-4 weeks is all I would expect .

Detailworksguy
04-02-2008, 11:07 PM

Personally, the only one I have any real experience with is the Aquawax, and even then I was generally topping another sealant with it. I have been using Z8 quite a bit lately.Can You point me in the right direction to buy some of these products.

jaybs02
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
you can pick up the ultima and optimum at DC store (http://www.detailcity.com/index.html) the Z8 from the Zaino Store (http://www.zainostore.com) and Aquawax at Autogeek
(http://www.autogeek.net/index.html)

Just remember you get a discount when you buy from DC sponsors :cool:

"J"

Detailworksguy
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
The Glare products I haven`t used, but I think we have had some discussion about it. Seems like it is another of those "Never have to wax again" products.
I don`t think so. :)

I have used Four Star Ultimate Spray Sealant, but for only a short time. It looked good and I don`t leave my vehicles alone long enough to comment on long term durability.
The same is true with the Dura Gloss Aqua Wax. I didn`t/don`t use either one as a stand alone LSP and don`t think I would.

The wipe on, walk away sealant I have used is Optimum Opti-Seal. It applies easily and looks great.
Again, it has all the durability I need on the vehicles since they get regular applications of something at least every 4 to 6 weeks. Usually about every 2 to 3 weeks I use the AW. It`s as easy to use as a QD and since it leaves at least some protection, why not?

Last spring, I used Optimum Poli-Seal on my boat and then followed it with Optimum Opti-Seal. The boat is cleaned regularly with Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe during the boating season and AW was applied occasionally. The combination seemed to hold up for 4 or 5 months, but I have no idea how either product would do over that period of time if used alone.

Detailworksguy: Just curious, what was the apology for? Did I miss something?Yea, forgot all about this one yea, for some reason i thought talk about the glare stuff was a no-no misunderstanding on my part but i would like a little info on some of the goods you mentioned as well sounds like they work real we`ll plus supplies guy`s comming 2morrow wanna see if he`ll have any but if you guys know of sites, local stores i`m ready to start getting some better results.DWG

JaredPointer
04-03-2008, 07:13 AM
You can get AquaWax locally if you have a CarQuest in your area. Around 7-8 bucks a bottle.

CharlesW
04-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Yea, forgot all about this one yea, for some reason i thought talk about the glare stuff was a no-no misunderstanding on my part but i would like a little info on some of the goods you mentioned as well sounds like they work real we`ll plus supplies guy`s comming 2morrow wanna see if he`ll have any but if you guys know of sites, local stores i`m ready to start getting some better results.DWGChances are your local supply guy won`t have any of the products I mentioned. That doesn`t mean that the stuff he does carry is no good, just that it will not be the same.

My Four Star products, the Optimum Poli-Seal, the Optimum Opti-Seal, and the Poorboy`s products all came from the Detail City Store.

Detailworksguy
04-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Chances are your local supply guy won`t have any of the products I mentioned. That doesn`t mean that the stuff he does carry is no good, just that it will not be the same.

My Four Star products, the Optimum Poli-Seal, the Optimum Opti-Seal, and the Poorboy`s products all came from the Detail City Store.Cool, I`m gonna check it out on friday(thanks)