PDA

View Full Version : Polish/Sealant on new car`s wheels?

gokartmozart
02-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi all!

I will be receiving my new car on Saturday:yay and plan on the usual new-car routine (wash, clay, polish and sealant). Some of you may have seen my post last week on my choice of XMT 360 polish and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (2 coats).

Any thoughts on including the alloy wheels in the polish/sealant detailing? Hoping to make them look good and make brake dust (always an issue with OEM BMW pads) easier to remove w/a California mini-duster.

Thanx -David

CharlesW
02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
If your question is whether or not to do it, then my suggestion would be yes.

While many use special wheel wax products, I have always had good luck using the same products on my wheels as I use on the paint.

Chances are the wheels are either powder coated or clear coated and I would think any good polish/sealant combination would work fine.

Stephan
02-27-2008, 05:35 AM
I agree with charles here, definetly apply some type of protection, not only does it make the wheels look shinier, but that added slickness makes for easy cleaning, especially with any type of brake dust...

jaybs02
02-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Follow your same process for paint. Wash, clay ,polish (if necessary), apply sealant.
My personal choice is PB`s wheel wax, but I have used regular sealants in the past with very good results.

Good luck and don`t forget the pics.
"J"

9D4E420
02-27-2008, 09:31 AM
PB wheel sealant usually gives me the best results on German clearcoated wheels. Apply 3 coats and you are good to go!

gokartmozart
02-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys for your thumbs up.
:thanks

Beemerboy
02-27-2008, 10:24 AM
I say apply what you have today the P-w-S is a decent choice but since your car is new look to get a high temp sealant like poorboys wheel sealant since you will be doing this a lot as your car gets older