PDA

View Full Version : I played hero today

Troy@Protekt
02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Just got home from a 14 hour day.:passout:

I was able to play hero today which made working late well worth it. I had a gentlemen call me from Austin Texas on Monday asking me if we could detail the car that he was flying here to get. He was mainly concerned about the fact that the previous owner smoked a lot in the car and it smelled terrible.

Tom was already booked doing mobile work today so I told him I would take care of it personally if he could bring it to the shop. Well he called me about noon saying he got bumped on his flight in Atlanta so he wouldn`t be able to get to the shop until after 5pm. I told him to just get here when he could and I would take care of it then.

It was a nice car and after I detailed it and sicked the ozone machine on it, I had a very happy customer. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. I only had time to snap a couple shots as he was leaving.

beemerboy I think you will drool over this one, it was a sharp BMW M6 with 507hp and it had a carbon fiber roof which I thought was cool.

He bought it on autotrader, I just found the listing so here is a before pic.

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=238264645&dealer_id=61958561&car_year=2007&model=&num_records=&systime=&make2=&start_year=2007&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=34232&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=5)

Troy@Protekt
02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
BTW, we have a lot of Texas detailers on here. I told him I would hunt down a good detailer for him. He lives in Austin. Anybody interested?

joyriide1113
02-20-2008, 12:42 AM
I wish I had like 3k to invest into new detailing equipment. An ozone machine would be on the list along with a steem cleaner, new pressure washer, extractor, along with tons of new products.

Stephan
02-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Can`t wait to see the pics, that is one nice car. I am with you joyride, so much equipment to buy...my next purchase is the Extractor, but an Ozone machine would be nice.

How long does the ozone machine run for? I guess before you thought the smell had gone.

Beemerboy
02-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Very nice looking ride Troy thanks

Can`t wait to see the pics of the car that you took!

cwcad
02-20-2008, 11:39 AM
I am glad that you went the extra mile for your new client. It will pay dividends in the future. Karma is something is definitely something to be embraced. Good on you!!!:cheers:

Look forward to seeing the final results on such a beautiful vehicle.

Troy@Protekt
02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Here`s the pic I promised. As I said I was under the gun a little so I couldn`t take time to take pics.

Besides the lighting was terrible for pics.

We should get some good ones at the clinic on Saturday.

Stephan
02-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Looks good...nice and shiney...

Beemerboy
02-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks Troy

That car has one sexy looking lines IMO...and must be a lot of fun to work on..its to bad he`s not close to you he would be a great client

tmacsad
02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Looks good Troy.

Detailworksguy
02-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Very nice work detail brother,class in action is hard to find .We did one and it rained the next day so the guy brought it back and we touched it up for free.Btw it was a doctor who owned the car and he told me it gets 12mpg (as we say as smart as a doctor who gets his car detailed during the rainy season).go figure DWG

Reddwarf
02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I assume he drove it back to Austin? That must have been a fun ride!

And it was darn nice of you to wait for the Texan. Good man.