PDA

View Full Version : PUPP topped with PUGE

CharlesW
09-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Five days of tree sap, gravel dust and rain had the van somewhat messed up. Washing and applying some PUPP made me feel much better. When I removed some of the water drips that showed up after applying and removing the PUPP with some PUGE, I realized just how much "pop" the UGE added. The areas I used the UGE looked enough better that I ended up going over the entire freshly washed, freshly UPP`d vehicle. Anyone else use it this way?
Maybe that`s why they call it Gloss Enhancer.:-p

Boss_429
09-02-2003, 04:34 PM
I always go over a freshly waxed vehicle with a good QD, and the UGE is certainly a fine one!

The Fuzz
09-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Platinum`s GE is the only QD I use. Its the best one by far if you are looking for one without wax in it. I`m not a big fan of QDs to begin with, but I`ll always have a bottle of Platinum`s GE in my car to handle bird bombs and splashes. I love that stuff.

JeffBruce
09-02-2003, 07:20 PM
I love the stuff...while im waiting for the kids in the morning.... I do at least one vehicle..

The Fuzz
09-02-2003, 07:42 PM
LOL I was thinking you were about to say that you drink a mug of it or something. LOL

rtbrick
09-02-2003, 07:52 PM
I tried Megs FI. No good.

I tried Mothers Showtime the other day. Marginal.

I have Megs Quick Detailer (maroon bottle) and EF Clear Pearl waiting their turn. We`ll see. I`m skeptical about the Megs and hopeful of the EF.

I have almost used up my first bottle of UGE and it is by far the best QD at this point. It truly makes enough of a difference in adding shine that I find it well worth my time to use.

Boss_429
09-03-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by rtbrick

rt,

Wow, you`re a tough sell! I think the Mothers Showtime is pretty nice stuff............ very close to the Platinum? :dunno

EBPcivicsi
09-03-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Boss_429
rt,

Wow, you`re a tough sell! I think the Mothers Showtime is pretty nice stuff............ very close to the Platinum? :dunno

I have been a long time fan of the mothers QD as well, especially on lighter colored cars, it really seems to give it a nice "pop" if you will.

CharlesW
09-03-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by rtbrick
I tried Megs FI. No good.

I have Megs Quick Detailer (maroon bottle) and EF Clear Pearl waiting their turn. We`ll see. I`m skeptical about the Megs and hopeful of the EF.

I have almost used up my first bottle of UGE and it is by far the best QD at this point. It truly makes enough of a difference in adding shine that I find it well worth my time to use.
Interesting. None of the QD`s I have used were "no good". They all seemed to do a fairly decent job of what I thought they were supposed to do. Meg`s FI, FD, QD, Eagle One, Mother`s, the stuff that comes with Clay Magic, PUGE. The PUGE and Meg`s FD are pretty close in the shine department, both having much better gloss enhancing qualities than others I have used. The Meg`s FD is loaded with silicone, (so I hear), and because of that, I only use it on the car I have S100 Carnauba on.
I also find that Spray & Wipe leaves a pretty glossy finish as well. While I do usually go over it with a QD, I`m not sure it would be necessary.

JimS
09-03-2003, 06:58 AM
I use the S&W as a QD.

rockford33
09-03-2003, 07:05 AM
Anyone every try Black Magic Spray Detailer? I was in a crunch and bought some at Walmart the other day. Haven`t had a chance to use it yet because it hasn`t stopped raining.