PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

budman3
02-16-2008, 12:56 PM
The Daytona 500 - The Great American Race is tomorrow!! :yay

Who`s gonna watch it and who are you pulling for??

It`s the 50th Anniversary and first time with the new cars, it`s going to to be memorable!

Even though my driver switched teams and sponosor, Dale Jr. is 2/2 this week so far and I don`t see him slowing down. It`ll be a tough feat but he has everything going his way, other than the fact 42 other guys are trying to stop him :cool:.

cwcad
02-16-2008, 01:18 PM
You better believe that I will be watching. As a relative newcomer to Nascar racing all of my favorites are in the field shy one. I was pulling for Boris Said to make it in but alas he did not.

Jr. has to be a favorite but so are the rest of his team. Johnson and Gordon will be right up in there as well.

Don`t forget that JGR has at least two contenders in the race. Some may even say that they have three contenders as well.

With the advent of new Toyota power units I think that this will be the year of Waltrip Racing as well as JGR. I love my Chevy motor but with my favorite drivers driving Toyoters I may have to start leaning to a rice burner pickup instead of my black truck made by Chevy.;):eek::dnaughty:hmmm: LOL!!

budman3
02-16-2008, 01:35 PM
After the Qualifying races Stewart`s Toyota had the most rear wheel HP by 15-30 HP over others. Plus their technology has always been up to par. It`ll be interesting that`s for sure!

vwgtivw
02-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I`ll be watching(never miss a race) and pulling for Smoke or Jr.

Scott P
02-16-2008, 09:15 PM
I`m pulling for Warren Wallace. :D

black bart
02-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I`ll pass on watching the WWF on 4 wheels

shineycar
02-17-2008, 08:05 AM
its now race day! :rockon
go #24 :bigups

budman3
02-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Well the season has officially begun and the first race is in the books!

The race was fairly boring for the first half but then it got interesting... In the end the Penske guys won with Ryan Newman behind the wheel. I was at his last victory here in NH 2.5 years ago... good for him! Cwcad`s Toyota`s dominated the race but weren`t able to finish it, anything goes in the last 10 laps, and tonight was no different.

cwcad
02-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Your absolutely correct on that one Budman. Toyoters were so worried about winning amoung themselves that they forgot about the rest of the field.

I think it is going to be an exciting year in Nascar. Numbers 88, 24, 12, 20, and hopefully 55 will be present amoung the leaders the whole year.

Must mention Hamlin as well. Just cannot remember his number at the moment.

budman3
02-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Denny Hamlin (#11) has been in the wrong place at the wrong time 5-6 times this week. It seems like if there was an accident on the track, he was in it or very close to it. He didn`t total his car at all but got some small damage each time. He also had a good car but wrong place, wrong time again.