PDA

View Full Version : NXT 2.0 at Auto Zone

CharlesW
02-10-2008, 01:06 PM
I almost forgot!
The day I stopped at Auto Zone and saw the CD-2 on the shelf, they also had NXT 2.0 for sale.
Both paste and liquid versions.
I think the price was $15.99 for either, but since I wasn`t interested, I didn`t pay real close attention.

black bart
02-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I put the new 2.0 on the hood of my Ranger yesterday can`t see any difference from it and the DG on it.
Time will tell if it last as long.

pogo123
02-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Haven`t seen the paste around here yet but they have the liquid. I just can`t see the advantage of a liquid myself.

CharlesW
02-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I just can`t see the advantage of a liquid myself.I think it`s just a personal choice.
For years I thought a wax had to be a paste to be any good and in those days, it might have been true.
For the past 10 to 20 years, I think liquid waxes have been every bit as good as the pastes.
The only real advantage of liquids I can think of is application by machine.
IMO, application by machine isn`t any big advantage over hand application.
Giving it some thought, the only paste product I presently own is S100 Carnauba so liquids must work OK for me. :)

Joe's detailing
02-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I was one of the ``LUCKY`` Meguiar`s members who tested the LSP sample= (NXT 2.0)
tested it vs meguiar`s #21 had my friend with me who wasn`t biased in the comparison decide, which was more reflective the winner was NXT 2.0.

It`s not as durable as other brands, but smokes them ALL in shine, depth, for a $15.99 price tag, not bad in my book...
P.S. Autozone in my area hasn`t seen any yet ....Joe

jaybs02
02-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Does the NXT 2.0 have any cleaners in it, IIRC the original did.

"J"

JaredPointer
02-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Does the NXT 2.0 have any cleaners in it, IIRC the original did.

"J"

Well, everywhere else I have lurked and read, it seems to be a big debate between the people who like it saying it doesn`t and the bashers saying it`s full of them.

The most respected (personally) person posting on the subject that I saw stated that it could be layered, and depending on the media used to apply it would have some cleaning ability.

RTexasF
02-18-2008, 10:21 AM
I recently acquired some of the liquid and applied it to the hood of our 2008 RAV4. I had decontaminated the hood and used DG #105 twice and allowed it to cure for a day. After that Optimum Optiseal was applied twice about two hours apart.

This was two weeks + prior to using the 2.0. The finish was still perfect and very slick to the touch. I gave it a wipedown with Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe to remove any dust. The NXT was applied and wiped off per directions, one layer only. Since the paint is so new and so well protected I expected nothing but must admit I was surprised. Initially it didn`t look any different and was no where near as slick as prior to the NXT. Two days later I looked at it again and indeed the shine was enhanced, a bit better reflection, and the slickness had returned. We`re not talking drastic here but there was indeed an improvement not wishful thinking.

Durability? No clue. Fillers? Don`t know about that either. The fact that it embellished a perfect surface was a positive for me. I`m anxious to try it in other situations once this damned flu bug decides to go away.

CharlesW
02-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Good information to have.
I had no problem with the old NXT as far as durability, but it seemed to darken the red of our GTP. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I didn`t want it darker. :)

Did you notice if it stained trim at all?
Yeah, I know, don`t get it on the trim and you won`t have a problem, but...... What happens if you do get it on the trim?

A side note: As I read your post, in less than 3 weeks, you applied 2 coats of DG105, 2 coats of Opti-Seal, and 1 coat of NXT 2.0.
Is that correct?
All this on a 2008 vehicle. Does it look good? :D

RTexasF
02-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Good information to have.
I had no problem with the old NXT as far as durability, but it seemed to darken the red of our GTP. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I didn`t want it darker. :)

Did you notice if it stained trim at all?
Yeah, I know, don`t get it on the trim and you won`t have a problem, but...... What happens if you do get it on the trim?

A side note: As I read your post, in less than 3 weeks, you applied 2 coats of DG105, 2 coats of Opti-Seal, and 1 coat of NXT 2.0.
Is that correct?
All this on a 2008 vehicle. Does it look good? :D

No answer for the trim Charles, there was none in the area. Yes it looks, well, better than new(see picture below). When we drove it back to the dealer for the license plate both the salesperson and sales manger made comment on it. Once I`m up and about I`ll apply it to the entire vehicle which had the same regimen. Certainly at that point I`ll accidentally slop some on the trim somewhere and be able to report back. The product is white so I suspect that black trim might be in jeopardy that`s just a gut feeling.

As an aside it has a nice fragrance...kinda grapey. Sure beats the petro chemical smell of some products.

No NXT yet but I`m well pleased especially considering the light color:
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/fgf001/NewCarandCoast014.jpg

CharlesW
02-18-2008, 12:05 PM
The product is white so I suspect that black trim might be in jeopardy that`s just a gut feeling.
It does look good! :bigups

I really don`t know how to determine a products effect on trim other than trying it.

Klasse AIO is white and it actually works good on trim.

I have heard that the white residue is the nature of cleaner waxes.
The same Klasse AIO seems to fit the cleaner description although it is a sealer and not a wax.

As I remember the earlier NXT, if you wiped it off immediately, it didn`t stain. I think if it was left to dry, it wasn`t real easy to remove from trim.
Since the wipe on, wipe off method is what is recommended for Klasse AIO, maybe that`s the reason I have never had a stain/residue problem with it.