PDA

View Full Version : Interesting frost story?

Pages : [1] 2

pogo123
01-28-2008, 09:02 PM
OK, I know that sounds crazy, but here`s a picture of the frost pattern left on my car this morning after I waxed it with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax yesterday. I waxed my wifes car with Duragloss Aquawax and her car just had normal frost on it. Both cars were parked side by side in the driveway. I guess it doesn`t really mean anything, but I thought it was interesting enough to post.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/pogo123/100_0764.jpg

cwcad
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Interesting looking picture. I have to say.... it would have been nice to see the wife`s frost pattern in a picture as well.

Troy@Protekt
01-28-2008, 11:02 PM
That is pretty wild. You northern guys are gonna have to explain that one. :snow:

I don`t run into that kind of stuff.:cool:

pogo123
01-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Interesting looking picture. I have to say.... it would have been nice to see the wife`s frost pattern in a picture as well.

Yeah, she left for work before I could get it, but it looked all smooth and even just like a normal frost. I actually thought about driving to where she works to get a picture, but they already think I`m crazy and I didn`t want to add to that perception. I checked it again this morning but it has warmed up enough that we didn`t get a frost.

jaybs02
01-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Don`t know why it would have done that, but it does look pretty cool.

"J"

black bart
01-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Kinda looks like the wax was uneven.
Did you apply it by hand or a PC.

BlueZero
01-29-2008, 09:35 AM
That`s pretty cool!

Stephan
01-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Could be just the case where the wax was heavier then in other areas. If thats the case I am going to make sure I spell out some words on some peoples cars.

pogo123
01-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Kinda looks like the wax was uneven.
Did you apply it by hand or a PC.

I applied by had in a front to back direction. It may have been a little uneven even though I put it on thin. I usually use paste wax and have only tried liquid a few times, and this was my first time with this wax. The frost almost looks like it formed crystals.

Pander5
01-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Could be just the case where the wax was heavier then in other areas. If thats the case I am going to make sure I spell out some words on some peoples cars.

Now THAT could be amusing!

Reddwarf
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
I can just see the comparisons now. People posting frost on Souvern vs. Natty`s, etc. LOL

That is a cool looking picture.

The Chee
01-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Unevaporated solvent? :D

BLACKWRX
02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
so what is this suppose to prove or disprove .. i always wondered my cars had a similar frost pattern (i just figured it was the wax or the varying dew point temperature) none the less good observation ...... actually the more i think about it if the car was dirty or had a rough surface the frost would be more absorbed, causing lots of fine particles of frost.....with a smooth surface or wax the frost is less likely to bond to the surface or cause a dispersing pattern (like your car) ....... i am guessing

pogo123
02-01-2008, 09:32 PM
so what is this suppose to prove or disprove .. i always wondered my cars had a similar frost pattern (i just figured it was the wax or the varying dew point temperature) none the less good observation ...... actually the more i think about it if the car was dirty or had a rough surface the frost would be more absorbed, causing lots of fine particles of frost.....with a smooth surface or wax the frost is less likely to bond to the surface or cause a dispersing pattern (like your car) ....... i am guessing

Yeah, I really don`t think it proves (or disproves) much of anything, or if it means anything at all, I just thought it was kind of interesting since I`ve never seen it happen like that before. Thought others might enjoy it also.

blk45
02-02-2008, 05:52 PM
If nothing else, it`s a cool pic! :bigups