PDA

View Full Version : Order Arrived Frozen Solid

black bart
01-21-2008, 01:00 PM
The M135 sounds like the gallon jug is full of rocks
I used my Infa-red gun and checked the containers they were 16 F and frozen solid.
I talked to Rick at ADS and he said they never had a problem in the winter unless no one was home and it sit out all day.
I was home when it arrived but it sit in nearby town in a unheated trailer for 60 hours before being loaded on the delivery truck and the temp was sub-zero temps during that time.

Since this is my first time to use NXT 2.0 and M135 and #39 if they don`t perform to my expectations I guess I will not know if it is because it was frozen or if it don`t live up to all the hype.
The NXT is like a brick just solid
This is for me a lesson learned I will buy everything in the summer time and probably local where I can see what I`m buying :wall

CalgaryDetail
01-21-2008, 01:09 PM
i have had tons of products freeze and never had an issue. Some people say it will wreck the product. I have never experienced this.... let it sit out and melt. Make sure its room tempature and then shake the hell outa it.... should be alright... well atleast thats what my experience tells me

Beemerboy
01-21-2008, 01:18 PM
i have had tons of products freeze and never had an issue. Some people say it will wreck the product. I have never experienced this.... let it sit out and melt. Make sure its room tempature and then shake the hell outa it.... should be alright... well atleast thats what my experience tells me

I don`t live in an area that doesn`t have this problem but last year we had a big cold snap....I left a can of Stoner IG outside by mistake.....that can was nearly full at the time....for some reason after than the can never sprayed like the ones that had not been subjected to the cold...as you said I don`t think that freezing will harm chemicals that are in bulk states...as long as you let them thaw out slowly and shake them well

Stephan
01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I don`t live in an area that doesn`t have this problem but last year we had a big cold snap....I left a can of Stoner IG outside by mistake.....that can was nearly full at the time....for some reason after than the can never sprayed like the ones that had not been subjected to the cold...as you said I don`t think that freezing will harm chemicals that are in bulk states...as long as you let them thaw out slowly and shake them well

I have never had a problem with them not working up to par, maybe the stoners was because it was an aresol?

Beemerboy
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I have never had a problem with them not working up to par, maybe the stoners was because it was an aresol?

That was my guess as well...but in bulk I would not think that freezing would have any ill effects on the product

CharlesW
01-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Don`t push your luck with the freezing of products.
I have had two products freeze and not re mix properly after they thawed.
One was Meguiar`s #9 and I don`t remember what the other was.
Both had a consistency like curdled milk and no amount of shaking got them back to normal.

Beemerboy
01-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Don`t push your luck with the freezing of products.
I have had two products freeze and not re mix properly after they thawed.
One was Meguiar`s #9 and I don`t remember what the other was.
Both had a consistency like curdled milk and no amount of shaking got them back to normal.

I would think that any extended period of time would cause some effects on any product....but in shipping I wouldn`t think that would hurt it.

black bart
01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Looks like Rick and ADS is a real stand up company.
He is going to replace the frozen products.
My UPS delivery man said UPS will not honor claims for frozen items but Rick said he would file a claim on his end.
The gallons were wrapped with bubblewrap and then foam peanut hulls around them and with all that insulation it would have made it but they left it sit on a unheated trailer for 52 hours in sub zero temps over the weekend.
Since UPS has no heated warehouse it is their fault that this stuff is ruined.

CharlesW
01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
they left it sit on a unheated trailer for 52 hours in sub zero temps over the weekend.

A good argument for trying to schedule your orders and shipments so they aren`t setting somewhere in a warehouse or on a truck over the week-end.
It isn`t always easy to do, but I do try.
It even makes me nervous when I know the shipment is on the move in the really cold weather. A truck on the road isn`t much if any warmer than the unheated warehouse.

jaybs02
01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Always nice to hear about a vendor giving quality customer service.

Kind of odd that UPS doesn`t have any heat at all in the area, you would kind of think that they would need it for their own employees and the pipes :dunno:

"J"

black bart
01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
The local UPS has a real small building and everything is left on the trucks.
When a semi comes in he leaves the trailer and takes another one.

My package sit from Friday night until Monday morning when they back the trailer up to the dock and sort it and load onto the delivery trucks.

They put three trailers on one side and about the same of the little trucks on the other side the building is not more than 40 feet wide.

I told Rick to wait till he hears from me to ship the replacement stuff.
That will probably be in April

Beemerboy
01-21-2008, 08:39 PM
About the only thing that you could do and not cost prohibitive is two day service so that you could time it....I feel for you