PDA

View Full Version : Stop bugging me LOL

SONYEXEC
01-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Okay, not hilarious but kind of funny.

When I detail my car I usually do it on my driveway which is very visable from the street. So I set up the boom box, roll out the mechanics chair and detail cart then start going to town on my car right there on my driveway. While I`m out there it never fails, I get an average of 5-6 cars stopping (mind you a full detail for me lasts about 3-4 hours) and asking for my business card, to which I reply "oh are you looking to hire a VP of finance?" :rofl the look on their faces is funny to say the least.

I guess the t-shirt, cargo shorts and flip flops throws them off, maybe I should detail in slacks, dress shirt and tie. I must look like the hired help. I`m thinking of making one of those signs like the private tow trucks have on their doors `NOT FOR HIRE" and putting it up on my lawn LOL.

On the good side I suppose if I ever lost my cushy office job I can supplement my unemployment money with detailing.

IbisA4
01-14-2008, 04:13 PM
In a similair situation, I was mowing my lawn in my "sloppy" clothes when a lady pulled up and commented on how nice I kept it. She went on to say the grass was always so green and everything so neat. She asked how much I would charge to do her house and if I did a lot of lawns in the neighborhood? I politely explained that I was the owner of the house, not the grounds keeper. She looked a little embarassed, I tried to reassure that I took no offense to it.

Troy@Protekt
01-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Yep, some people aren`t very observant. I get the opposite.... People come up to me while I`m working and start asking me questions about my Ferrari. I guess my uniform and truck full of detail equipment doesn`t give them a clue that it might not be mine and I`m just there to detail it. :rofl

I guess I just have that "He owns a Ferrari" look to me.:redface:

Stephan
01-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I was putting down fertilizer on my lawn once and a friend of my wifes stopped by, I said hi from a distance but I did not come to great her as I was grubby and dirty. She went inside and said "I met your lawn boy outside" My wife replied thats my husband.