PDA

View Full Version : Tire Cleaner Before Bold N Brite?

Pages : [1] 2

CharlesW
01-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Because of weather and personal commitments, the tires on our vehicles are quite dirty.
Bold N Brite has done a good job of cleaning and dressing them in the past and I really don`t doubt that it can do it again, but......
Would it be more practical to use an APC to clean them first?
My concern is that since they are so dirty, it will take a lot of cleaning to get them decent. It almost seems like the use of the BnB for the cleaning is somewhat of a waste.

vwgtivw
01-11-2008, 11:02 AM
If they are really dirty I would use a good APC, that way you won`t have to use so much BnB.

Scott P
01-11-2008, 11:27 AM
I always clean my tires before applying any dressing. BnB has nice cleaning properties, but not near that of an APC.

Mr. Clean
01-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I always clean my tires before applying any dressing. BnB has nice cleaning properties, but not near that of an APC.

That`s my opinion as well, and that should not be construed in any way as a knock on BnB which is my primary tire dressing.

blk45
01-11-2008, 11:57 AM

+1

I use and love BnB, but I always use ARO first. It may not be necessary, but I like the results.

Poorboy
01-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Charles, it really depends if you have the time and facilities. At home i use APC first, at shows or hotels i go straight to BnB;)

Stephan
01-11-2008, 01:49 PM
On tires that have not been cleaned in awhile I go to an APC first let it sit then scrub, then apply BNB. But I just did the wifes tahoe and they were kind of dirty went with just the BNB and they look new...

CharlesW
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for all the replies. :)

I really appreciate everyone`s opinion.
They are even more appreciated when they agree with mine. :D

Reddwarf
01-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I use an APC first. Two that I often use are PB Bio Degradable and Amazing Roll Off

RyansAutoDetail
08-13-2008, 12:36 PM
not to hijack the post, (once this is changed you won`t actually be hi-jacking this BNB thread :D. You can of course begin a thread to discuss the product of your choice).
sometimes APC wont always do the job for my needs and need something a little stronger and specialized than an APC which can over time deteriorate the integrity of the tire !

Woob
08-15-2008, 09:33 AM
APC or Hi Temp Tire Cleaner to Dressing

RyansAutoDetail
08-26-2008, 02:04 AM
i also wish to know what tire and rubber cleaner is suggested ASIDE from an APC which i no longer will be using as it sucks on most tires ive done

Poorboy
08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
i also wish to know what tire and rubber cleaner is suggested ASIDE from an APC which i no longer will be using as it sucks on most tires ive done

maybe you need a different APC :idea ...

Ronkh
08-26-2008, 08:51 AM

90% proceedure, 10% product.......

97F1504x4
08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Two product i really like for cleaning tires.

WESTLEY`S - Tire Cleaners (http://westleys.com/)

Wheel Rim Tire Engine Cleaner Degreaser (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Wheel_Rim_Tire_Engine_Cleaner_Degreaser_p/cld_107.htm)