PDA

View Full Version : Interior wipes Vs. Spray and Wiping Down

photoshopdon
01-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Just checking to see what you guys like best... Interior cleaning and protection wipes? Or just spray cleaner and spray protection and wipe down with a mf towel?

CharlesW
01-08-2008, 09:57 PM
:bigups
This should be interesting to follow.
Any type of wipe product has always seemed very wasteful and not economical to me.
The Only wipe product I have used is the Mequiar`s All Purpose Cleaner wipes which I was given. I guess they were OK, but since I never used them very much, I must not have been too impressed with them. :)
Since the product is contained in the entire wipe, wouldn`t you have to use all the surface to get the full benefit of the product?
It just seems more efficient to spray the product where you want it on the material being cleaned or to spray some product on a section of a towel and wipe the material.
They sure make a lot of them so someone must be buying and using them.

cwcad
01-09-2008, 07:09 AM
My vote would go with the spray on and wipe off tools rather than the wipes for my personal vehicles.

I do like the wipes for use in job related detailing though. For example...I spent many years in road construction. I had a box that I would transfer each day from my personal vehicle to my construction rig each morning. In it were all the tools needed for the days work. That included daily wipedowns of all interior surfaces to limit the dust build up inside the cab of the piece of equipment I was assigned too. I also used window wipes for winsdshield cleaning. The wipes containers definitely held up better than aerosol cans or spray bottles in that kind of enviroment. It also was a hassel to keep clean micro fibers supplied on a daily basis.

Mr. Clean
01-11-2008, 11:45 AM
...Any type of wipe product has always seemed very wasteful and not economical to me....

Agreed. That is not to say I haven`t used them at all, I have, and I may yet use them again. My strong preference is a spray bottle and a wiper.