PDA

View Full Version : Met the biggest a** Friday

Pages : [1] 2

Troy@Protekt
01-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I`ve been detailing a lot of years and have run into a lot of unpleasant customers but this guy takes the cake.

It started when I received a call Thursday afternoon from someone who sounded like he thought his time and happiness was much more important than mine. I let it go and scheduled his car for the next afternoon.

Everything was fine when we showed up (he wasn`t there). It was a Cobra replica that wasn`t in the best condition. Paint was poor and the side exhaust pipes were all tarnished really bad among other things. Judging by the condition of the car I assumed he wasn`t looking for perfection so we detailed it and spent quite a bit of time hand polishing these pipes.

Apparently we didn`t spend enough time on the pipes because he instructed his wife not to pay us until the side pipes were perfect, so we went back and each spent another hour polishing them. I know I should have tried to get a better idea of his expectations but I honestly didn`t want to talk to the guy if I didn`t have too. Price was never discussed so we just added for the extra time.

Being picky isn`t what made me not like this guy. I have lot`s of picky customers that I like. He never showed any friendliness what so ever. To top it all off he made me come to his work to collect payment and while we were there he was busy chewing an employee out so bad that he looked stunned. It was so bad that I looked around to see if I was on candid camera.:rofl

I learned a couple of lessons that day.:crazy2:

Poorboy
01-06-2008, 11:22 AM
take the money ..and throw away his number:rockon

Troy@Protekt
01-06-2008, 11:26 AM
He actually asked me for a bunch of cards when we finished. :eek:

Poorboy
01-06-2008, 11:35 AM

maybe his friends are all Playboy bunnies :dnaughty

jaybs02
01-06-2008, 11:41 AM
From the sound of this guy, he`s probably giving them out to his friends who are just as big of a jerk as he is.:lol2:

So :D as you :drive: there don`t :yikes: or :surrender when you see that their cars are as bad as the other jerks.
Also make sure that the car is a:10: otherwise they will :blabla: until it`s done the way that they want, and you will either wind up :passout: or :kick:

:nana: :lmfao

:sorry: I was having a poorboys moment :rofl

"J"

Poorboy
01-06-2008, 11:45 AM
:sorry: I was having a poorboys moment :rofl

"J"

Good for you :D :bigups :rockon :passout:

bigron62
01-06-2008, 12:43 PM
ive dealt with some jerks and when they want service again i just double the price and they dont call again ..

distrbd
01-06-2008, 05:51 PM

He must have liked your work otherwise he wouldn`t have asked for your business cards to give to others.

jlift
01-07-2008, 11:31 AM
"Price was never discussed so we just added for the extra time."

ouch..........:wall

Troy@Protekt
02-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Update to this story. :redface:

Well I had a surprise at the Ferrari show yesterday when I saw this Cobra replica in the show.:wow:

This is the one that I was talking about. I guess I need to be careful what I say.

I don`t understand why he didn`t tell me he was putting it in a show.:hmmm:

http://de

Beercan31
02-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Hell he did not tell you he was selling it either.

(front window for sale sign)

jaybs02
02-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Hell he did not tell you he was selling it either.

(front window for sale sign)

I noticed that too.

but the car does look real good Troy :cool:

"J"

blucpe
02-11-2008, 10:17 AM
sorry you had such a bad time with this jerk, but great work on the car.

Poorboy
02-11-2008, 10:23 AM
he probably thought you`d raise your prices :lol2:

Stephan
02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
he probably thought you`d raise your prices :lol2:

you`re probably right...thinking you have a type of show package that costs even more.