PDA

View Full Version : Review: Meguairs GC Endurance High gloss

jaybs02
12-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Just another thing that I got over the holidays and thought I would give it a quick write up.

Meguiar’s Gold Class Endurance High gloss tire gel

Packaging:
Clear plastic bottle

POP/cost:
Purchased locally @ Autozone/ $7.99

Appearance:
Purple gel with a mildly pleasant grape sent.

Manufacturers Claims:
Last weeks…not days, even through heavy rains.
Will leave you with rich, dark, high gloss tires.
Contains macro and copolymers and other conditioners that evenly coat surface to help prevent normal browning.

Instructions:
Clean tire before application
Apply medium amount with foam applicator or soft cloth, spread evenly over dry tire.
Wipe off excess (especially from grooved areas) to prevent sling which may permenantly stain certain plastics.
For more gloss apply a second coat after 10 minutes.
For less shine wipe immediately with a soft cloth

My findings:
After cleaning my wheels with EO A2Z I let them dry and then applied the dressing with a tire swipe. I did not wipe the tires down because I wanted to see what the product looked in it’s regular state and didn’t drive my car for ½ hour to avoid any sling.

My overall impression:
It’s a tire dressing, gave a bit of a higher shine than I would generally use, but like I said I did want to see what the dressing looked like straight from the bottle. I think for my next go round I will wipe the tire down, to knock down some of the gloss. The gel is not as thick as other gels that I have used, but it was still thick enough to remain on the top of the swipe vs. absorbing into it.
As for it’s longevity or prevention of browning I will have to get back to you in the coming weeks.

Now for the pics
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/jaybs95/endurance%20tire%20shine/Picture002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/jaybs95/endurance%20tire%20shine/Picture003.jpg

I took pics of both the front and the rear because I noticed that on the smoother sidewall it seemed to have a higher gloss than on the ribbed ones on the rear.

It seems like a decent product that if it does what it claims (lasting a few weeks) I may use it again. Another added plus, like NXT wash it’s not that expensive and is available locally.
This product does contain PD’s, so for those that may object to using them be forewarned.

I’ll give this one a :bigups

As always questions or comments are always welcome.

“J”

cwcad
12-30-2007, 05:55 PM
It does stay shiny for quite a while. It also is quite attractive if shiny is your thing. I used it when I was in Alaska and discontinued using it after the first time that I did a detail and then had to return home driving on a gravel road. It was a dust magnet for me. Even when I wiped it down with a clean MF towel.

OCD_Maniac
12-31-2007, 01:33 PM
hey jay,

i have the exact same tire gel and i am impress by it. i like the fact that it is not expensive to buy and the product can be bought over the counter at your local auto shop. the tire gel does not sling for me and it is a great product to have.