PDA

View Full Version : when to use AIO?

distrbd
12-24-2007, 07:00 PM
I have a couple of bottles of paint cleaners ,a few polishes and sealants but have never bothered buying any kind of AIOs,b/c I do enjoy spending 2-3 hours to wash ,clay cleanse ,polish ,glaze seal/wax.
What is the primary reason to use an AIO? is it to just save time and go from clay to aio and wax?or do you use it because it does enhance the final result?
Just wondering if I`m missing something great .

southerndetail
12-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I don`t think your missing anything. I use the zaino AIO and mainly use it to clean and leave a nice base for any high quality wax.

CharlesW
12-24-2007, 08:03 PM
My use of an AIO has mostly been for the cleaning and polishing capabilities with the thought that it might add some protection as a side benefit.
The AIOs I have used, Klasse AIO, Optimum Poli Seal, and Poorboy`s PwS have been used as a prep/polish and have done a good job of that. I have always applied either a wax or sealant after their use so the protection is kind of an unknown to me.
I did once do a test of the Klasse AIO as a stand alone, (hand applied), and it didn`t fare too well.
I have heard of several people having good results and being happy with both the Poli-Seal and the PwS as a stand alone and not following them with anything.

jaybs02
12-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I`ve used an AIO on my personal cars or others when they don`t require that much paint correction. Most of them do a very nice job of cleaning the surface and some minor correction and leaves me a good surface for my LSP.

"J"