PDA

View Full Version : Annual Christmas tree rant

jaybs02
12-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Well it`s that time of year again, and last night we went to pick out this years tree.

I had to tell the kid who was putting the tree on my roof to hold on a second so I could atleast throw a sheet down (even that killed me that It wasn`t a MF) as I am looking at another kid throw one on the top of a new Caddy.
You can hear the paint crying as the tree was being shifted across the roof.

Am I just crazy or is it don`t people just don`t care. It`s not all that tough to put something down before someone is going to sling a 6,7 or 8` tree on the top of their car.

sorry...
<end rant>

"J"

southerndetail
12-16-2007, 11:52 AM
That my friend is job security.

Beemerboy
12-16-2007, 01:39 PM
I don`t think that people even think about what the tree can do to the finish....as stated that`s the guy you hand your card to and tell him once you get the tree off, have a look at the scratches

Sheila@detailcity
12-23-2007, 10:24 AM
ummmm....maybe a fake tree next year???

jaybs02
12-23-2007, 10:30 AM
ummmm....maybe a fake tree next year???

I like a real tree, and I`m sure I`d watch someone have the box tied to their roof :lol2:

:christmas:

"J"

Troy@Protekt
12-23-2007, 10:44 AM
I`m sure I`d watch someone have the box tied to their roof

:rofl

I am embarrassed to say I have never had a real tree.:redface: I would rather have the fake one and use a pine air freshener.:D

Especially cuz after Christmas last year we picked up a nice new fake tree with lights for 15 bucks!

jaybs02
12-23-2007, 10:48 AM
:huh:
I can`t even get lights for my tree for $15

Here on LI we actually recycle the trees they are brought down to the beaches to stop the erosion :bigups

"J"

Tex Star Detail
12-23-2007, 11:24 AM
real tree all the way!
Last year, they tried to throw the tree on top of the vehicle. The looked at me like I was nuts.

They tried it again this year. I pulled my trailer with me so they can put it in there instead.

Pockets
12-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Good to see you back Chris!!!

When we went and got our tree i put down the tail gate and said put er in there lol. No tree touching paint for me :)