PDA

View Full Version : Best Christmas?

Pages : [1] 2

Troy@Protekt
12-15-2007, 07:50 AM
What was the best Christmas you ever had?

This is not an easy question to answer for me. To be honest Christmas has been a stressful time of year since I have been married. I`ve mentioned this before but Sheila`s birthday, our anniversary and Christmas all are within the second part of December. What has made it hard is that my detailing business slows down at the same time making for a pretty tight Christmas.

To answer the question I would have to say it was my first daughter`s first Christmas. It was the first time I got more joy out of giving than receiving.:D

She was spoiled rotten by us and all of our relatives because she was the first grandchild for them. We had quite a party that year.:dnaughty

Tell us what the best present you ever got was and/or the best present you ever gave for Christmas (or any occasion). Mine are too boring to mention.

cwcad
12-15-2007, 08:23 AM
This is an easy one for me. I was for years a bachelor and always shared Christmas with friends and immediate family. The year 2000 marked the birth of my only son and the addition of two children from my current wife. There is no doubt in my mind that the Christmas of 2000 was and still is the best Christmas that I have ever had. This was and is the best Christmas for the same reason that Troy mentioned. That it is far more statisfying to give than it is to receive.

The presents were not the memorable items. It was the faces of the children and my wife when they opened their presents that I remember.

Sheila@detailcity
12-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Well....Christmas is my favorite time of year. I have many great memories of Christmas. When I was a kid, we lived in Wisconsin:snow: and all my relatives would get together at my Grandparents (Baba and Corny), awesome memories!!!

Then, there was my first Christmas with Troy (seven days after our wedding). I think we sneaked back into town and bought all of our Christmas presents at 7 eleven (it was the only thing open)!:eek:

Of course, having kids changes our Christmas`s. Through the years, we have tried to tone down the commercial stuff and put an emphasis on the real reason we celebrate Christmas. That would be the birth of Jesus! :yay

tmacsad
12-15-2007, 12:08 PM
put an emphasis on the real reason we celebrate Christmas. That would be the birth of Jesus! :yay

That`s what it`s all about. :bigups

Troy@Protekt
12-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Here`s another bump. Let`s here yours.

:excited:

dave40co
12-18-2008, 09:20 PM
I have many great memories of Christmas. My grandson was born on 12/21/07 and my daughter brought him home from the hospital to my house on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning I fed him the first of many bottles. That was the best Christmas for me.

Ronkh
12-18-2008, 09:59 PM
I wonder if with the economy the way it is right now, if the true meaning of Christmas will re-emerge again.

dave40co
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I wonder if with the economy the way it is right now, if the true meaning of Christmas will re-emerge again.

That is what I meant in my last post. It`s about family, friends and the birth of Jesus. I have always kept those things in my heart.

Beemerboy
12-18-2008, 11:20 PM
My favorites where when I was a kid..my father had one brother and two sisters...we always gather for Christmas day dinner at his oldest sister house..it was the newest house in the family:D...Coming from a very large Portuguese family..about 30 of us in all...there was always lots of food and sweets....the women cooked up a storm...the men would be out in the driveway looking at there cars...lots of caddy`s, Lincolns and Buick`s...big metal cars.....We kids where playing with whatever Santa had brought us...and it was just a wonderful time....I miss those days the most as I don`t have any of my fathers family with us any longer...Aside from that was when my son was born and watching him learn about Santa and how he really believed in him...it was / still is a wonderful thing to watch...to this day Santa still comes to this house...for me its in the form of PB:D

Merry Christmas...and peace on earth!

audiboy
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Any Christmas that I`m able to spend with my family instantly becomes my favorite Christmas. Being 750 miles away from home makes every visit special, with the holidays being the icing on the cake.

Beemerboy
12-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Any Christmas that I`m able to spend with my family instantly becomes my favorite Christmas. Being 750 miles away from home makes every visit special, with the holidays being the icing on the cake.

AB...I recall those days while serving...two things...I hope that you make it home this year..and thanks for serving!:D

audiboy
12-18-2008, 11:58 PM
AB...I recall those days while serving...two things...I hope that you make it home this year..and thanks for serving!:D

Thanks! I`m actually leaving in the morning. It`ll be at least 12 hours in a sedan with a 60 lb. Yellow Lab in the front seat. What will be more fun is the possibility of adding a 80 Lab/Golden Retriever mix coming back here. I just hope the weather isn`t as bad as it`s supposed to be tomorrow.

Beemerboy
12-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks! I`m actually leaving in the morning. It`ll be at least 12 hours in a sedan with a 60 lb. Yellow Lab in the front seat. What will be more fun is the possibility of adding a 80 Lab/Golden Retriever mix coming back here. I just hope the weather isn`t as bad as it`s supposed to be tomorrow.

Well at least you can go in the commuter lane with the 3 of you on the way back:D

I wish you a safe trip and the weather is with you!

audiboy
12-19-2008, 12:11 AM
We don`t have commuter lanes in this part of the country. Thanks for the thoughts of safety.

dave40co
12-19-2008, 01:27 AM

God Bless you for your service and Thank You from all of us!