PDA

View Full Version : My City Workers?????

Beemerboy
11-28-2007, 11:55 AM
I just can`t help but to throw this one out and see what others think....about 6 weeks back a city worker put up seahorse thing on a crack in the sidewalk...I know the guy that put it there, he`s a detail customer...I asked why and he said that there was a rise in the sidewalk and if anyone tripped that could be a lawsuit...OK....it was about one space over from the water mains......he said that they where going to rip up the old stuff and lay new concrete..OK....about one week later I hear all kinds of noise from outside....head out to see...3 trucks and 5 guys standing around this crack, painting strips on the road and sidewalks...no biggie, the next day they are out there again with jack hammers and trucks and pull out all the old cement...and lord and behold they find a crack in the sidewalk on my side...so that is taken out at the same time...

They leave and about two hours later a truck shows up...two guys looking at the work that was done....inspectors I`m guessing...Threw all this they decide to put in new water meters on both sides of the street...so a BIG hole is dug in the street....OK I`m going to speed this up...its been 6 weeks since they started with seahorse thing, they laid the sidewalk areas yesterday but still have to repave the hole in the street.

I just shake my head at things like this....had this been a private contractor, it would have been done in the first week.

OK I`m not bagging on public services, but talk about some slow work....

JaredPointer
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
You sure no one spilled Simple Green on that spot in the street where the hole is at? Maybe they are too scared to come back and work on it for fear of the demons that will slither out.

:D

rabbi
11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
I`m staying out of it.:passout:

justin
11-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Yep, that sounds like typical city work.

Reddwarf
11-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I think you mean sawhorse.

I`m surprised so much progress has been made!

Beemerboy
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I think you mean sawhorse.

I`m surprised so much progress has been made!

your right saw horse things with the reflective stuff and lights a blinking....they did the paving today....the area was 8 x 8 feet and it took 4 guys to get that done...one guy was just the pick and delivery of the equipment...their down now....so what do I plan on doing now:D

JaredPointer
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
your right saw horse things with the reflective stuff and lights a blinking....they did the paving today....the area was 8 x 8 feet and it took 4 guys to get that done...one guy was just the pick and delivery of the equipment...their down now....so what do I plan on doing now:D

You should go pour some Dawn on the new asphalt. Within a couple of uses it would dry out the new and they`d have to replace it. :D :crazy2:

Beemerboy
11-28-2007, 11:05 PM
You should go pour some Dawn on the new asphalt. Within a couple of uses it would dry out the new and they`d have to replace it. :D :crazy2:

The funniest part about this whole thing was when they poured the new concrete....the guy was worried that the local school that had just got out, that the kids would put there hands or walk in it.....little did he know had it not stayed there until it was set up his only fear was ME:D.....I wanted to put my initials in it :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reddwarf
11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
The funniest part about this whole thing was when they poured the new concrete....the guy was worried that the local school that had just got out, that the kids would put there hands or walk in it.....little did he know had it not stayed there until it was set up his only fear was ME:D.....I wanted to put my initials in it :cool::cool::cool::cool:

LOL! That is always so tempting isn`t it?

So did one of the guys just stand there watching the others work? That is what I always see around town when street construction is going on. There is usually one dude (the Foreman I guess) who stands there watching some poor schmuck dig the hole.

Beemerboy
11-29-2007, 09:19 PM
LOL! That is always so tempting isn`t it?

So did one of the guys just stand there watching the others work? That is what I always see around town when street construction is going on. There is usually one dude (the Foreman I guess) who stands there watching some poor schmuck dig the hole.

At one point they had 5 guys and like you said 2 where only really doing the work...