PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable!

CharlesW
11-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I lifted this one sentence from another forum.

It has not been washed in 2.5 years,

How can anyone treat a vehicle that way?
FWIW, it appeared to be a late model Honda Civic, not some piece of junk.

Charles

97F1504x4
11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
My Mustang has only been washed once in 1.5 years.

Richard

CharlesW
11-18-2007, 08:56 PM
My Mustang has only been washed once in 1.5 years.

Richard
Unbelievable!

If it`s a garage queen, I can believe it, but only if it is a garage queen.
I have a friend that had a 1964 Chevy SS convertible that he only drove to shows and in parades and I don`t think he actually ever washed it in the several years he owned it.

For some reason, I don`t think the Honda Civic fits that mold. :)

Charles

97F1504x4
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
The car is kept in the garage, current mileage is about 9500. And the First and ONLY time it has been washed with a hose and soap is the day I brought it home from the Dealership. I did not allow them to detail it. It still had all the plastic wrap and everything.

Richard

tmacsad
11-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I lifted this one sentence from another forum.

It has not been washed in 2.5 years,

How can anyone treat a vehicle that way?
FWIW, it appeared to be a late model Honda Civic, not some piece of junk.

Charles

:wow: That`s unbelievable :eek:

Poorboy
11-18-2007, 10:26 PM
maybe it was a test bed for how long a car can go without washing:notme:

audiboy
11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
The car is kept in the garage, current mileage is about 9500. And the First and ONLY time it has been washed with a hose and soap is the day I brought it home from the Dealership. I did not allow them to detail it. It still had all the plastic wrap and everything.

Richard

Do you do waterless washes or just QD`s?

97F1504x4
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Do you do waterless washes or just QD`s?

Just the Ca.Car Duster and QD

Richard

CharlesW
11-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Just the Ca.Car Duster and QD

RichardI used the same combination on a Corvette for years with no problem. It was also a daily driver so it did sometimes get a bucket wash.
If you are happy with a QD, great.
If you try some Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe, the QD will only be used for gloss enhancement from then on.
The S&W makes me feel much more comfortable cleaning any dust/dirt off than any QD ever did.
If you try the 16 oz. size, I can almost guarantee that you will buy a gallon.

Charles

97F1504x4
11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I used the same combination on a Corvette for years with no problem. It was also a daily driver so it did sometimes get a bucket wash.
If you are happy with a QD, great.
If you try some Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe, the QD will only be used for gloss enhancement from then on.
The S&W makes me feel much more comfortable cleaning any dust/dirt off than any QD ever did.
If you try the 16 oz. size, I can almost guarantee that you will buy a gallon.

Charles

I do actually use the S&W, and I already buy it buy the gallon. The car does get driven a few times a week but no commuting or anything like that it is basically and a car we enjoy on the weekends and such. Once the rains starts it will be parked and covered.