PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions (PwS and EX-P)

2drtahoez71
11-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Its been a while since Ive detailed anything due to mandatory water restrictions in my city so I kind forgot a few key things about these two products.

2 questions:

1. using PwS on an orange light cutting pad, should the pad be dry, or primed. If primed, what should it be primed with.

2. I am going to attempt to apply EX-P with a CCS german black glazing/finessing pad (the one found on this page 6-1/2 inch, CCS Technology Pads<br>for use on conventional and scratch-resistant clear coats. (http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/hi612infopaa.html))
do you think this is an appropriate pad - the red pad was not available when I ordered the black one. If so, should EX-P be applied on the dry pad, or primed?

Thanks guys:D

Poorboy
11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear of your water restrictions..hopefully it will be over soon...

1)PwS is pad dependent, so it will do whatever the pad was designed to do..priming with the product is all that is needed.

2) EX-P should be used with a finishing pad at low speed..priming the pad with either a QD or water is correct

:) welcome back :rockon

2drtahoez71
11-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks Steve!

Ever since it came out, ive been using PwSv2 on an orange light cutting pad as my main swirl remover combo on my personal cars and it has handled my sparse wash swirls just fine, but I am going to try a white polishing pad and see if i can get away with using it for swirls.

And I just got my super soft LC red finishing pad for the EX-P.