PDA

View Full Version : Can you use a PC for sanding?

4Doors
11-12-2007, 10:37 PM
For the PC, is there a soft backing plate onto which a sanding disc can be attached for wet or dry sanding? Thanks.

CharlesW
11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
For the PC, is there a soft backing plate onto which a sanding disc can be attached for wet or dry sanding? Thanks.Mine came with a sanding backing plate and I have used it for that purpose with good results.
I did dry sanding only and I doubt that wet sanding with a 110 volt PC would be something I would try. :)

Charles

Beemerboy
11-12-2007, 11:14 PM
For the PC, is there a soft backing plate onto which a sanding disc can be attached for wet or dry sanding? Thanks.

First off welcome to the site from Sonoma County CA

Yes to your answer and to set the story straight, the orbital is really a sander and not a buffer...now to wet sand a car, NO!! but to use on wood wet or dry yes its what it was designed for...the secondary use is car buffing...now that said the UDM and Porter cable have come out with models that are for car buffing by design

Stephan
11-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the group...and like others have said you can use it for a sander. I have used it once for this and found it to work better then most palm sanders.

Brenton
11-13-2007, 06:07 AM
Most of the body shops here have switched to dry sanded or DA feather sanding for cars. Is that what 4doors is asking?

Stephan
11-13-2007, 06:11 AM
And as clarification...I did not use the PC for car sanding...just for furniture...