PDA

View Full Version : Car Show

southerndetail
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I have the Charlotte international car show this week and I am scheduled to wash 80 cars and detail 25. This is the first large car show I have done for this particular contractor, all the jobs I have gotten in the past have been pretty sweet. I`ll make sure I post pics, not sure if there going to be concept cars or just 08 models. Also the contractor that I have been working with for the past 2 years is out of Lake View Ca. I think, they are Professional Detailers if anyone has heard of them and can give me some dirt.

Troy@Protekt
11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Yes please show us some pics.:drool:

Sounds like you will be a busy boy.:passout:

Poorboy
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
make sure you take a couple Alleve`s before you start:wow:...and good luck :)

Stephan
11-12-2007, 01:50 PM
wow...atleast they are newer cars...but even still I know how I feel after doing three cars, never mind 80

BLACKWRX
11-12-2007, 03:56 PM
do you have a team of guys that help you ..... ? give us some more info, at all the auto shows i have been to most of them just a team of guys that just go around wipe down cars, and remove finger prints.... so i guess all the cars just come in on a trailer and you have to clean up before they go inside ? please fill us in

southerndetail
11-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Well I wish I had a team, unfortunately there is only two of us granted there are two mobile trucks. All of the shows I have done in the past I would detail them once and for the rest of the time I would wipe finger prints, this time its 80 washes and 25 details thats it. The washes are exterior only wash, windows, tires and they will all be at the local auction yard 45 minutes from the show.

T-Shine
03-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Hey hope all the detailing at the autoshow went well, I work the autoshows all the time, which company were you working with?

Stephan
03-21-2008, 07:29 AM
I would be curious to see some of the pics myself...plus this post was put together before the 14 cars in an hour set up...hopefully you could have benefited from that:D

Scott P
03-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Damn that`s a lot of cars. I assume these will be quick one-step or so details to just freshen them up? Or are they full details?

dr_detail
03-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I just noticed the date of the original post. The the name "Mike Price" comes to mind.... ;) if that`s the case, one could learn alot from their methods.

Beemerboy
03-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I just noticed the date of the original post. The the name "Mike Price" comes to mind.... ;) if that`s the case, one could learn alot from their methods.

Why do you say that?

Who is Mike Price and why is he so good?

Thanks

Oh and what a time to be without 5 minute guys video:D

Stephan
03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Why do you say that?

Who is Mike Price and why is he so good?

Thanks

Oh and what a time to be without 5 minute guys video:D

Wait Dave you don`t know who Mike Price is???

I thought you were the detailing man...

wait I don`t know who he is either...:D:D

Yes bring back the 5 minute detail...

Fishpimp
03-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes bring back the 5 minute detail...

Can`t let it go can you...:lol2: I don`t know who is worserer!! me you or beemer...