PDA

View Full Version : do most sealants produce great shine and durability?

chip douglas
08-28-2003, 10:10 PM
do most sealant produce great shine and durability ?
I got zaino as sealants, and another one bought locally, which i haven`t tried out yet. The one bought locally will go on my girlfriend`s car, which is my test car but nonetheless is treated with great care. So back to the sealant topic now......i know there are acrylic ones, but aside from that i dont know much, im sure some here will be able to shed some light on this for me.

Zaino doe produce a good shine, as well as UPP, but i wonder about others......the one i have bought locally is one from UAP NAPA from BODYPRO, maybe others have used it, who knows !

Ok,i`ll get going now so talk to you`all later

:)

ACE
08-29-2003, 05:34 AM
The sealants/acrylic products I use all provide great shine and good durability. I use Klasse, UPP, EX and Zaino. However, just because a product is acrylic, it doesn`t mean you`re getting an excellent, long-lasting product. According to the Guru report, some acrylics didn`t last over 4-5 weeks. Stick to the big names and proven stuff. I`ve had EX and UPP on the hood of my dark blue Jetta for almost 6 weeks in the hot NY summer and they`re both looking great, so I can only imagine how long they would last on some test panel. Take recommendations from people who actually use the products, not from those who make them.

JimS
08-29-2003, 05:53 AM
I`ve used three different sealants and they all produced a geat shine. I have no idea how durable they are. I don`t know of a reliable test and I never leave them alone long enough to test them.

I finally have settled on Poorboys EX w/carnuba as my default sealant.:band

Deanski
08-30-2003, 06:15 AM
The two major players in sealants (Zaino & Meguiars) all produce a very high gloss wet look which can last a long time.

One caveat, the finish prior to any sealants must be as shinny and mirror like as possible, along with removal of oils/silicone from the finish for it to bond.

Here`s my SC430 with Zaino on it.

Regards,
Deanski

MetalSludge
08-31-2003, 02:48 PM
I have been using PoorBoys EX for about 9 months and it looks great. As far as durabiloty I cant comment on that much as I have applied 3 coats about every month due to going to truck shows.